Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 01:47 pm
Simply read this blog if you are a Lotus Notes user who wants to know about “How to export Lotus Notes to CSV format” for various reasons. Here, we will explain the best techniques in a logical manner to the users.
IBM’s Lotus Notes is a powerful and collaborative email client for managing emails and other objects in a GroupWise environment. IBM Notes integrates with a wide range of functions and features. It saves all its inner components in an NSF file including- email, contacts, calendars, personal information, and etc. Sometimes it becomes very huge in size because of heavy data.
In order to free up space in Lotus Notes or bac up important information to the local hard drive. Users of Lotus Notes email clients frequently need to export the Lotus Notes data to CSV or another file type.
Aside from that, users also need to import the Lotus Notes NSF database into CSV to have access to all of their Lotus Notes data from multiple places.
Also Read:- Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
Is there any manual solution to Export Lotus Notes to CSV
Lotus Notes has an inbuilt export to CSV option, but because of some reasons it is not the best solution. They have some restrictions and user will also faces the problem like:-
- Changes in formatting
- Take up a lot of time
- Loss of original data.
Lotus Notes NSF Converter – The Best Way to Export Names.nsf Files to CSV
The manual method of exporting Lotus Notes to CSV has some drawbacks. It does not protect the data’s integrity. As a result, it’s a waste of time. So, users have to perform the Lotus Notes NSF to CSV process by using a full-featured professional application such as eSoftTools Lotus Notes NSF Converter. This software allows you to complete the Lotus Notes export to CSV process in a single step.
It allows users to export Lotus Notes database to excel CSV format, by which they can import resulted CSV into Outlook contacts, Gmail contacts, Thunderbird, and other applications.
Export Lotus Notes Address Book to CSV: A Complete Guide
- On your Windows system, download and install the NSF to CSV Converter software.
- After launching the software, press the Select NSF button for browsing Lotus Notes NSF files from your database:
- Then you must choose the NSF files from their location. Select the file and then open it with software.
- After this, preview the IBM Notes email message, contacts, calendars, or other items.
- Selects the required folder and click the Convert tab to continue.
- Then from the next screen select the CSV file as a conversion format option. Select the saving location by pressing Browse button.
- To begin exporting Lotus Notes to CSV, click the Convert button.
- The software will display a completion message after completing the conversion process. To exit from this screen, click OK.
As a result, you can convert NSF data to CSV format in this manner. Now go to the folder and check the resultant.csv files.
Major Features and Benefits of Lotus Notes NSF file Converter
- The software allows you to convert NSF files to CSV documents in batch mode.
- All spreadsheet and database management systems, such as Excel, LibreOffice, Apple Number, and OpenOffice, can open the output (CSV files).
- One of the tool’s key features is that it displays a proper preview of messages in the software panel.
- All IBM Notes 10.0, Notes 9.0, Notes 8.5, Notes 8.0, Notes 7.0, Notes 6.5, or previous versions are compatible with the software to export Lotus Notes database to Excel CSV or another format.
- The utility will create a single CSV file containing all of the mailbox’s data.
- The Software works with all modern to older versions of Windows, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and Windows Vista.
Lotus Notes users usually want to export their data to CSV format for a variety of reasons. In light of this viewpoint, we have presented the entire answer in simple language that is justifiable. As a result, users can now take advantage of the above-mentioned way to meet their needs. The best option is to use the eSoftTools NSF to CSV Converter Software, which ensures that you can export your Lotus Notes database to CSV format without losing any data.