Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 01:48 pm
Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are the most used email clients used by businesses. Both make it easier for the user to send and receive email messages, handle contacts, calendaring, and much more. Aside from all of the features, most users prefer the calendar feature due to their hectic schedules.
Calendaring features of Lotus Notes mostly used by users for meetings, and other similar activities. Many users prefer Outlook to the email program for calendaring. In comparison to IBM Notes, it has more stable and secure features. That.s why users attempt to move their Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook.
In this blog post, we’ll go through the best ways to Export Calendars from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook.
How to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook?
Users can move contacts and calendar entries from Notes to Outlook using both traditional methods and a powerful third-party application. In this blog, we’ll go over both solutions for the users’ concerns in full depth. Let’s start with the manual methods.
Manual Method- Export Lotus Notes Calendar as ICS file and Import in Outlook
To migrate a Lotus Notes calendar to Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps. The following are some easy steps to follow. To get a better result, simply follow all of the steps in order:
Export Lotus Notes to ICS
- Open the Lotus Notes program on your computer and select the “Calendar” option.
- Select “View” and then “Calendar Entries” from the list.
- Now you must select all of the entries that you want to export and then select “File” >> “Export“.
- Go to the location where you want to save the output file and select “Save as Type” as “.ics“.
- After that, type the file name of the calendar.
- Finally, choose “Export” to transfer your Lotus Notes calendar to ICS file.
Export Lotus Notes .ics to Outlook
After completing the Lotus Notes to ICS format export process you must import the resulting ICS file into Outlook. To successfully display Lotus Notes calendar entries in MS Outlook, You’ll need to take the following additional steps:-
- Launch Outlook on your local machine and select “File,” then “Open & Export,” then “Import / Export.”
- Then, from the provided list, select the option “Import an iCalendar (.ics)” option and press “Next” to continue.
- Now you must add the ICS file to the program’s import wizard and select “Open.”
- Finally, import Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook email client using this method.
Best Method to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook Fast
As we all know, the manual method has certain drawbacks, such as only export one calendar entry from Lotus Notes to Outlook at a time, which wastes a lot of your time when dealing with several calendar entries. We have seen this situation and offered a method for copying Lotus Notes calendars to Outlook that is both efficient and accurate.
A user can conveniently export Lotus Notes calendar to Outlook using this eSoftTools Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter program. This converter app is capable of overcoming all of the manual solution’s limitations. The app comes with a lot of cool features and functions. It works for all advanced versions of Lotus Notes as well as older versions.
Furthermore, it provides a simple and easy-to-use GUI. As a result, even an inexperienced user can perform the conversion process without the assistance of a professional. It’s a powerful converter that converts Lotus Notes calendars to MS Outlook 2010 without losing any details.
Users are migrating Lotus Notes data items to Outlook accounts due to Microsoft Outlook’s superiority over IBM Notes. The calendar is one of the data objects, where users can save their upcoming activities or appointments. As a result, the focus of this article is on the methods for migrating Lotus Notes calendars to Outlook.
However, there are some drawbacks to the manual solution that affect the exporting process. As a result, We have introduced an alternative called NSF to PST converter. This is the most effective app for converting Lotus Notes calendars to Outlook.
A user can choose any technique that best suits their needs.