Last updated on July 26th, 2023 at 02:15 pm
Nowadays, there is a huge number of users who want to save IMAP account emails locally. Some of them, also want to access IMAP emails in Thunderbird. If you are a person, who wants to do this same job and find a solution, this article is for you. Here we will describe the process to Export IMAP Account E-mails to Thunderbird Local Folder.
At the present time, the first choice of every user for emailing is Cloud & IMAP based apps like- Gmail, YahooMail, Office365, etc.
IMAP (Internet message access protocol) is the technology for accessing and sharing emails without downloading them.
With IMAP protocol users get the ability to view and edit emails from web browsers. IMAP mail accounts are easy to access from different locations at a single time.
There are a lot of benefits to using IMAP-based mailing apps, and this service has gained huge popularity in the market and the trust of users.
But apart from its advanced features, some functions of IMAP apps obtain problems for users in some cases. In those cases, users require to transfer IMAP Account E-mails to Thunderbird profiles.
Also Read:- How to Export IMAP Account Emails to EML files?
Reasons for Exporting IMAP E-mails to Thunderbird Local Folder?
IMAP is the technology that provides an environment to access emails without downloading them. Companies store all the data of users’ accounts on cloud servers. For this reason, the unavailability of the internet makes users unable to access their data. But Thunderbird provides the ability to access emails locally. As a result, users prefer to download local copies of IMAP Account emails to Thunderbird local folders.
In addition to this, some other reasons for the export process are: –
- Saving a backup of IMAP account emails helps users to recover accidentally deleted emails.
- Thunderbird preserves emails in EML and MBOX files, that are compatible with multiple email clients. It makes it easier for users to share emails from Thunderbird with different email clients.
Solution to Download IMAP Emails to Thunderbird Local Folders
For downloading emails from the IMAP account to Thunderbird local folder in a direct manner, users can try the software called eSoftTools IMAP Backup Software.
From the user’s local drive, it automatically finds and selects Thunderbird storage location and downloads all IMAP account emails. With a smart process, it exports emails from entire or selective folders of the IMAP account. From IMAP accounts, this tool export download emails with their complete details.
How to Export IMAP Account Emails to Thunderbird Mail Folders?
Download and install eSoftTools IMAP Backup Software, on your windows computer. After the installation, apply the steps shown below: –
- Launch the software & select your IMAP-based app from the “IMAP Servers list”.
- Input your IMAP account email address, password, Hostname, and port name.
- After providing all the required details, click on the “Login” button.
- Load all mail folders from your IMAP account and choose the required folders.
- Select the “Save in Thunderbird” option from the available export options.
- Next, select the mail filter option (for exporting emails of a specific date range).
- Finally, press the Save Backup button and import IMAP account mail folder to Thunderbird profile.
Features of eSoftTools IMAP Backup & Migration Software
- Directly Import all IMAP account mail folders to the Thunderbird Storage location.
- Export IMAP emails to 10+ file types including- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, MBOX, and PDF.
- Also, migrate IMAP account emails to another IMAP account and cloud apps.
- Backup & Migrate emails of all IMAP-based apps (including- Gmail, Yahoo, Office365, etc)
- Auto-detect Thunderbird profile storage location for saving IMAP account emails.
- Offers users to export emails from selective folders of IMAP accounts.
- Provides mail filter option to download emails of specific dates from IMAP Server.
- Provides a clear and simple interface for both technical and non-technical user ease.
- Works with all editions of Windows O/S (including- Win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc).
Users are finding a solution to download IMAP account emails to Thunderbird local folders. This process allows users to manage and access their IMAP account email locally. With this article, we have shown the best technique to complete this job using IMAP Backup Tool. Try the demo edition of eSoftTools IMAP Backup Tool and export IMAP emails to thunderbird mail folders.