Last updated on January 28th, 2023 at 11:52 am
Several users want to configure their email account with a Pop3 profile in Microsoft Outlook, but because of improper knowledge, they are unable to do this job. To provide help to those users, we have written this article. Here we will show you the complete steps to Configure POP3 Profile in Microsoft Outlook. Let’s start…
Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) is a protocol used to retrieve emails from a mail server. Users can receive emails from the server via POP3 on a single device, and the server then deletes the emails from the Inbox folder. Users are not able to view the same emails across different devices since there is no synchronization. The protocol is suitable for users who want to access their emails from a single device/PC.
MS Outlook also provides the option to users for configuring profiles with POP3 settings. But some users don’t have the knowledge for accomplishing this task. So, here we are going to help them by showing complete steps.
Also Read: – How to Repair POP3 PST files in Outlook?
Fix corruption errors from corrupt POP3 PST files with the help of automated eSoftTools PST Recovery Software. Efficiently repair all kinds of PST files and retrieve all Outlook data items including- emails, contacts, calendars, and other items.
Steps to Configure POP3 profile in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, & 2013?
Apply the steps shown below to configure an email in Outlook with Pop3 settings.
- Open MS Outlook application on your windows-based computer.
- Navigate to File >> Info >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- From the following opened windows, click on the “New…” option.
- Enter the email address of your mail account and select the “Let me set up my account manually” option, then hit the “Connect” button.
- Select the POP option and input the password of your email account.
- After adding your account details, click on “Done” and configure your email account.
Steps to Configure Email account in MS Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, and 2000
- Launch Outlook and click on File >> Info>> Add Account.
- In the next screen, select the “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” option and click on Next.
- Choose the Internet Mail option and click on Next.
- Enter your Email account details: – Name, Email Address, Incoming server, outgoing server, password, etc.
- After providing all account details click on Next and hit the Finish button.
The article discusses steps to configure email profiles to POP3 in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021. By following these steps, you can add a POP3 account in Outlook and access it easily. Also, for fixing corruption errors from corrupt PST files users can also try the eSoftTools PST Recovery tool.