Smartphones are ruling the planet! and the most used operating system in mobile devices is Android. It’s an open-source operating system that’s common on mobile devices. Almost every high-end mobile device, such as smartphones and tablets, now runs on Android. Mobile devices are the most common mode of communication, but the most important thing in any communication is contacts. If you keep contact information in an Excel sheet (such as email addresses, full names, photos, and business addresses) and want to know How to import contacts from Excel/CSV file to Android then you are at the right place.
Contacts were never easy to move from an Excel CSV file to an Android system. But now we’ve simplified things for you. To easily pass contacts from a CSV file to an Android phone, follow this guide.
Steps to Import Contacts from CSV file to Android
Step 1: Convert CSV to vCard for Android
It is important to remember as an Android phone user that your phone does not have the ability to import CSV files directly. To save contact details, Android phones use the vCard (VCF) file format. As a result, in order to move contacts from a CSV file to an Android device, you must convert your CSV contact file to vCard format. This is how you do it:
- First, download and install the Excel/CSV to vCard Converter Tool.
- After launching the software click the Open Excel File or Browse Excel file button.
- Find and select the CSV file containing your contacts on your computer and click Open.
- Allow the software to load a CSV file and preview the contacts in the CSV file, including all fields.
- Now, press the Next button (located at the bottom of the software dialogue) and map the Excel fields to the vCard field as shown below.
- As shown in the above panel, the software auto-mapped a few typical columns. However, if any fields are highlighted in red, you will need to manually map these fields by hovering your mouse over the row text “Click here to map contact field.”
- Once you’ve finished mapping, press the Next button to proceed to the conversion selection panel, which looks like this:
- On this window, you will see two options for creating a vCard.vcf file:
Create Separate vCard (*.vcf) file: Using this option, you can create a separate .vcf file for each contact.
Create Single vCard (*.vcf) file: This option allows you to create a single .vcf file that contains all of the contacts from the Excel file.
- Select the appropriate option and define the saving/destination path by clicking on the browse button, then click Next to proceed to the actual CSV to VCF conversion process.
- After that, the process of importing contacts CSV into Android will begin, and once completed, open the vCards folder.
- Use a data transfer cable or another method, to transfer these vCard contacts file to your Android phone.
Step 2:- Import Converted vCard VCF file in Android Phone
You now have vCard files, which you can conveniently import to your Android smartphone by following the steps below:
- Open your Android phone and go to the Contacts section.
- Select the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner, Pick Import/Export option.
- Select Import from.vcf file option and browse to the place where the vCards are stored.
- After selecting the vCard file from the location, the process of transferring contacts from a CSV file to an Android phone will begin.
- Once the contacts importing process is complete, open your Contact List and use your Android device to view all of your Excel contacts.
Now, you have now completed the process of importing CSV contacts to Android.
One of the most frequently asked questions on the Internet today is “how to import contacts from CSV file to an Android phone. In this post, we’ve revealed the simplest solution to make this job easier. The method for moving contacts from a CSV file to an Android device described in this article is very easy to use and does not require any technical knowledge. This can be used by both technical and non-technical users to easily import contacts CSV into Android.