Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 03:49 pm
Lotus Notes is a popular email application widely used by different organizations because of its remarkable features. However, as compared to other applications, Lotus Notes is at risk of corruption. In other applications, the error arises when there is a technical problem in the system. But in Lotus Notes, the problem arises when there is a problem in the Notes Application. And, therefore, it shows the error ”IBM Notes Application failed to start successfully.”
Why “IBM Notes failed to start successfully” this problem arises?
This problem arises when the user enters the password and is unable to launch the notes application and notes.exe cannot run. The error occurs on the screen. The issue appeared on Lotus Notes edition 9.0.1 FP9, and it exists till Notes FP10 IF5 irrespective of the window version. The issue is universal, and it appears on all IBM Notes edition.
Fastest Solution to fix Lotus Notes Errors
eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software, Smart solution to fix “IBM Notes failed to start successfully” and all other Lotus Notes errors errors within seconds. Download a free trial of this software to check its working process.
How to resolve the error manually?
All you need to do is to follow the steps carefully to resolve the error
- Install Lotus Notes as Windows Administrator in your machine
- Make use of Notes 9.0.1 and wait for some time till you get the notice to upgrade FP10 IF6.
- Now run the Lotus Notes Application in basic mode.
- Take the exit from IBM Lotus Notes Application and copy Notes in the JVM folder from multi-user installation that is already available on the JVM folder and again re-launch the Notes application.
- Exit from the application, delete JVM notes, and let the client enter the same system. After the process is completed, again start the Lotus Notes application and check whether it is working properly.
These are the manual fixes for the errors. Sometimes even after the error is resolved, it recurs again. If the error persists, then there are chances that the NSF file has malfunctioned. The IBM Lotus Notes email box items like- emails, calendars, tasks, and journals are important business communication modes. Hence, it is necessary to fix the file corruption issues. If you are unable to do it, ensure that you can do a backup of the Lotus Notes application.
Alternative Solution to fix “IBM Notes fail to start successfully Error“
While the manual method may seem to be cost-effective, but there are chances that errors may crop up again, and hence eSoftTools have developed software that can fix corrupt NSF files. This software makes a backup of the entire database of Lotus Notes by converting NSF file to PST. This software offers to make a complete back-up of NSF files into Outlook, Office 365, MBOX, and others.
Key features of NSF to PST Converter:-
- This NSF to PST Tool is easy to run and operate method to perform repairing and conversion tasks of Lotus Notes NSF file.
- The tool takes back up of crucial NSF files into multiple formats like- PST, EML, EMLX, MBOX, vCard, CSV, etc.
- Has the ability to resolve all corruption problems related to IBM Lotus Notes.
Also, it offers a free demo version facility through which the user can have a better grasp of how to use the software.