Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 03:43 pm
Are you in a situation where you need to Import PST files in Thunderbird due to the unavailability of Outlook? If yes then you get a solution by reading this blog. Here in this article, we are going to share the best trick that users can apply to solve their queries. Know the complete process on “How to Import PST Files Into Thunderbird Without Outlook?”.
Outlook offers a wide range of advanced features and function which facilitates user to do emailing with a smart process. Mostly in all Windows-based machines, everyone prefers using Outlook email clients. But to get amazing features and performing emailing with no restriction, purchasing Outlook application is necessary. Also, Outlook is available for limited Operating systems. Due to these types of reasons many users recommends using the Mozilla Thunderbird application.
The behind using Thunderbird email client is an open-source application that allows using its functions free of cost. Also, it is available for multiple operating systems. These and many other reasons attract users to switch from Outlook to thunderbird email clients. With switching from email client to another user also need to transfer their important data. Similarly to move emails from Outlook users need to Import PST files into Thunderbird.
Also Read:- How to Import Outlook PST to Evolution Mail?
Below mentioned a real user query that needs an answer to this similar question How to Import PST Files Into Thunderbird Without Outlook?:-
In our office we have some lowend PCs and that’s why we dicided to give our computers a new life by instllaing Linux OS in it. We have switched from Windows to Linux O/S for securing our data from virus attacks. After switching from operating we have also switched from Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird. But now we also want to trasnfer our Outlook data into thunderbird. Can any suggest us any reliable technique to Import PST Files Into Thunderbird Without Outlook.
How to Import PST Files Into Thunderbird Without Outlook?
In a case where the user is unable to access their PST file because of the unavailability of MS Outlook, a user searches for a solution Import PST Files Into Thunderbird. Also, moving from Outlook to thunderbird users also need to import PST files in it. But if you thinking to directly import PST files in Thunderbird you will get no result, because Thunderbird doesn’t offer to directly import Outlook PST files in it. The only solution that is available for users is first to Convert Outlook PST into a file format which workable in Thunderbird.
Same as Outlook PST file, for saving users mailbox Thunderbird also uses an MSF/MBOX file format. A user can easily transfer all email folders from Outlook to Thunderbird email client by convert PST to MBOX file. A single solution that can perform this task without Outlook dependency is this eSoftTools PST to MBOX Converter Software.
By using this advanced utility all users can efficiently Convert Outlook PST to MBOX file format which will in supported email clients and applications. Convert PST to MBOX file then simply Import the resultant MBOX file in any edition of Thunderbird email client. To do this process smoothly download the software and follow the below-mentioned steps.
Method to Import PST Files Into Thunderbird By converting PST to MBOX file:-
Step1:- Convert PST to MBOX Format For Thunderbird
- Download PST to MBOX Converter software into your machine then start the software.
- After launching the software user will see a welcome screen with multiple options in menubar. From there simply hit on Select PST button.
- From the next window simply press Select File or Search PST & OST File for selecting required Outlook data files from your machine. After file selection click on Start Scanning button.
- Software will all folder & subfolders from PST files and give you an option to preview emails and other items from PST.
- After previewing all elements make selection of required folders from PST then press the Savae PST button.
- A new screen will now appear on your desktop with multiple conversion options. Simply click on on the Export to MBOX radio button.
- Apply mail filtering option and choose the desired location to save resultant file by clicking on Browse.
- Finally hit on Convert to begin the conversion task immediately.
Step 2:- Import MBOX into Thunderbird Application
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird, click on Tools.
- Then hover the mouse cursor on ImportExportTools and then choose Import MBOX file option.
- In the next screen choose the option Import directly one or more MBOX file, after this click on OK.
- Now visit the location where you have saved the MBOX files, select them and click on Open.
- After completing this process you will get all Outlook Mail folders directly in Thunderbird.
In multiple cases, users need to Import PST Files Into Thunderbird, and they have no environment of MS Outlook. For this kind of situation, we have written this blog post. Here we have described the technique that users can follow to resolve the query.