Directly importing EML files in Lotus Notes is not possible. The reason is apart from EML files IBM/Lotus Notes uses an NSF file format. Lotus Notes uses NSF files to store as well as import users mailbox data like- emails, contacts, calendars, etc. So, to Import EML files data in Lotus Notes the available option for users is EML to NSF file conversion. If you are also seeking a way to convert EML to NSF format, this blog post is for you. Here, we will cover the topic “How to Convert/Import EML to Lotus Notes NSF files?”
EML is a file format that by more than 30+ email clients for storing email messages separately. Email clients like- Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, and others, support this file type to save users important emails locally.
Sometimes a situation arises when a user requires to import EML files to applications like- Lotus Notes. But users face problems, the reason is apart from EML files Lotus Notes uses NSF files to store/import email items.
So, when you need to migrate from EML supported client to Lotus Notes, you have to perform EML to NSF file conversion.
Quick Solution to Convert/Import EML to Lotus Notes NSF files?
A great tool that officially made for users to Convert EML to Lotus Notes NSF file is this eSoftTools EML to NSF Converter Software. It has the ability to convert an infinite number of EML files to NSF format in a single process. Also, it offers a folder-wise conversion feature and saves multiple EML folders with all emails in a single NSF file. After conversion, a user can easily access the resultant NSF file with all editions of the IBM Lotus Notes client and Domino Server without any problem.
How to Import EML to Lotus Notes Using EML to NSF Converter?
- On your Windows PC, download and run the EML to NSF Converter software.
- After launching the software click on Select EML folder button.
- In the next window click on Select EML folder and add the folder containing EML file. After this hit on Next to start the scanning process and load EML file/folders.
- In the preview window, look at all EML folders and make selection of required EML folders. Then press the Convert EML to NSF button from menu bar.
- Choose a location to save the resulting Lotus Notes NSF fifile by pressing the Browse button from the next opened screen.
- In final steps, hit on Convert button and begins the process of importing EML to Lotus Notes NSF files.
Why are the benefits and features of EML to Lotus Notes NSF Converter?
- Software offers to Convert a large number of EML files to NSF format at once.
- Maintain the integrity of emails information like as- To, CC, Date, BCC, and other fields of email after EML to NSF Conversion.
- Export emails with attachments form EML to Lotus Notes NSF files while conversion.
- Allows to Convert EML files of all supported email clients including- Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, FoxMail and others.
- Resultant NSF will work in all edition of IBM Lotus Notes- 10.0, 9.0.1,9.0, etc.
We can tell you that if you use the above-described method to import EML emails into Lotus Notes, you will get successful and correct results. The software mentioned in this article is completely secure to use. It imports EML files into Lotus Notes NSF with attachments and provides satisfying results to users. The software comes with a free trial version that you may try to convert up to 25 EML files to NSF format for free.