IBM Lotus Notes is a popular, yet complex email application used by business enterprises. Its advanced security features make the users lean towards it. It not only helps the users to send or receive emails but also helps to manage contacts, do micro-blogging, manage team rooms, etc.
NSF file- Lotus Notes uses NSF files to store emails, contacts, appointments, or some other items.
Gmail on the other hand is a free web-based email software service developed by Google. This cloud-based email application helps the users to send/receive emails, save data, create folders, and subfolders in a reliable manner.
Utilize eSoftTools Lotus Notes NSF file Convreter Software to Repair, Recover, and Export mailbox items like- emails, contacts, calendars from NSF file file into Gmail, Office 365, PST, MBOX, vCard, CSV, Zimbra, and various more file format within few minutes
Why does the user need to transfer Lotus Notes files to Gmail?
There are multiple reasons why the user transfers Lotus Notes files to Gmail.
- IBM Notes is specifically designed for business users and it cannot be accessed from anywhere.
- It requires technical knowledge, while Gmail is a simple cloud-based application that can be handled by a non-technical person.
- If you want to access previous NSF files, it is important to install Lotus Notes software on your computer.
- When Lotus Notes files become corrupt.
Manual method to Export Lotus Notes email to Gmail
The method is divided into 3 parts. You need to perform the below-mentioned steps.
First Step:- Export NSF file to CSV
- Open Lotus Notes
- Press on the Mail icon
- Visit File >> Export
- Select Save As type “comma separated values“, then click on Export.
- A pop-up window will appear, choose all documents and Unicode. After that, press OK.
- The file which is there will be transferred to the desktop.
Second Step:- Import CSV to Outlook
- Now launch on Microsoft Outlook
- Right-click on Inbox, create New Folder, and visit on the created folder.
- Press the file tab from the toolbar
- Press Open and Export and then click on Import and Export
- Choose “import from another program”, press on Next tab.
- Choose the file type to import from comma separated values
- Search and select files from Lotus Notes and select migrate option.
- Choose the created folders and click on next tab.
- A dialog box will appear and from there you can map the field manually, If the file size is large, it will take time.
Final Step:- Export NSF to Gmail via PST
Now, all your files have been migrated to Outlook. The next step is to transfer PST file that stores Lotus Notes database to Gmail using GAMMO tool. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- In Google search box, type GAMMO.
- Click on download the tool
- The wizard will get downloaded.
- Press Outlook Migration.exe file
- Press on Yes in the window.
- It will take time to download the software.
- A pop-up window will appear and there you can type your email and press the continue button.
- The Gmail will open up in your browser.
- Log in to Gmail using your details
- Press on allow permission.
- Go to earlier window and continue.
- Find out the recent migration settings and choose the account from where you wish to transfer PST file. You can select migrate all data or few data as per your need and press Next tab.
- Select the items contacts, calendar, emails, etc as per your need and click on Migrate button.
- After completing the migration process, simply click OK.
- If you want to transfer more files, select the start new migration tab otherwise click on close tab.
- Outlook will transfer all the PST files e-mails and other items to your Gmail account
This manual method takes a lot of time and not a convenient solution for the user who wants to Export Lotus Notes email to Gmail account in a single click. Hence, it is better to switch to an automatic method. The best tool to perform Lotus Notes to Gmail Migration is this eSoftTools NSF Converter Software. This tool offers users to make the batch migration of NSF files to Gmail account. And Export selective single or multiple items of Lotus Notes to Gmail in very less time.