Lotus notes, it is a well-known email application in this technical world. But Lotus Notes charge a high installation and maintenance rate as compare to MS Outlook. Another thing is at a certain point in time NSF file of Lotus Notes becomes too complicated to operate. That why some users prefer to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook. While exporting contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook, it becomes highly necessary to follow up with adequate techniques may it be manual or by using a third-party tool. This is because one misstep may lead to the corruption of the entire database in the Lotus Notes.
Let’s move forward to know more about how to export contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook….
Manual Method to Export Contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook
This method is carried out in two parts. The user should have Lotus Notes installed on their computer else this solution will not function.
PART 1- Export Lotus Notes Address Books to CSV
- Open the Lotus Notes Application.
- Instantly move on to the My Contacts section.
- Now from the menu bar, hit on More >> Export contacts.
- Now, the export dialogue box will be displayed on your screen.
- In this Window, select the “All contacts in this view” option. Next, choose the “All fields” option to export the whole data of the contacts. Select the location, enter the file name, select CSV format from the “Save as type” field.
- And, then, hit on the Export button.
PART 2- Import CSV File to MS Outlook Email Client
- Start the MS Outlook application.
- Click on File >> Open >> Import/Export.
- After this a new Import and Export wizard window will be shown on the screen. From this window, select “Import to another file” option and hit the Next button.
- After that, and then the device will demonstrate the Import a File option. Go with the option “Comma Separated Values” as the file type.
- Press on Browse tab and choose the CSV file that you have created previously.
- Thereupon, select the “Do not import duplicate items” in the options field and then strike Next option.
- Under the “Select destination folder” section, choose any of the available folders and then again hit Next.
- After following the above-mentioned steps, at last, just click Finish option and then the import process will turn on.
No, here comes the real hardship in the manual method.
- The manual method can transfer contacts from lotus notes to Outlook with the basic fields and the custom-made fields may be eliminated.
- Doesn’t support to export lotus notes contacts with image or logo.
- Takes a lot of time and sometimes gives unsatisfactory results.
Best NSF to PST Converter to Export Contacts from Lotus Notes
An extraordinary to Export Contacts of Lotus Notes to Outlook has been designed by the brand eSoftTools. It has lots of amazing features by which users get the facility to make the easy and simple conversion of lotus Notes Components to Outlook file. This NSF to PST Converter can export contacts, calendars, appointments, emails, or other items from NSF file to Outlook PST file without any blemishes.
Now, let’s have a look at how to export contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Launch eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter and click to Select NSF button.
- You can choose any one option from the Single and Bulk NSF file conversion option from the opened window and click the Next button.
- Now browse the location of NSF file and select it then hit on Start Scanning.
- After that, go for the scanning of the Lotus Notes contacts and then verify and select the required elements in it and click Convert.
- Choose the PST file type from the provided fie options to convert NSF, select the location where you wish to save the exported file.
- Now click on the Convert button to export the Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook PST format.
Benefits of using the Free NSF to PST converter.
- Perform batch conversion and transfer unlimited Lotus Notes folders and items at once.
- The preview option stimulates users with a precise view of NSF contacts.
- Supports to export Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010, and even the below versions.
- The PST split option enables to break the large-sized PST files into smaller ones of size between 1Gb to 10GB.