Microsoft Outlook creates OST (offline storage table) file to store Exchange Server mailbox as a copy of the database. This Outlook data file lets users work even in offline mode. Despite all these features, it also has some disadvantages. Like other file formats, it also has a risk of corruption. Suppose, there comes a situation when the user will find his OST file corrupted. Now the question arises whether there is any method suitable to repair the OST files? Through this blog, we will describe to you the methods to Repair Outlook OST file in Windows 10 to easily reaccess your Outlook database.
Download eSoftTools OST Recovery Software on your windows machine to easily Repair corrupt OST file, & convert OST to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, and other file format.
Reasons of OST file corruption
- Unexpected power failure on windows 10
- Improperly closing MS Outlook
- Installation of incompatible Outlook plugins
- Entry of Virus in computer
- Increasing size of Outlook OST
How to Repair Outlook OST file in Windows 10?
Solution 1:- ScanPST tool to Repair OST File
- Launch scanpst.exe application on windows 10 or another version.
- After this, you will see a Microsoft Inbox Repair tool window, from there click on Browse and locate the corrupted OST file.
- Click on Start to begin the scanning process.
- Now click on Repair.
- A Repair Complete dialogue box will appear, simply click on OK.
Solution 2:- Open Outlook in safe mode to Repair OST File
Sometimes incompatible add-in or plugin installation in Outlook may affect the OST and creates corruption. By using Outlook in safe mode the user can resolve OST errors. To launch Outlook in safe mode simply Copy and paste this command, “outlook.exe/safe” in the cmd tool of windows.
Solution 3:- Re-create the OST file in Outlook
- Hit on Start button on your windows computer >> Control Panel >> Mail >> Show Profile.
- Click on Email Accounts.
- In the Account Settings window, click on Data files >> Open file location.
- Right-click on the corrupted OST and delete this file.
- Now open the MS Outlook application and the new OST file will be automatically generated.
Before creating new OST file make a backup to restore Outlook OST file data
Limitations of manual methods:
- No guarantee of safe Recovery of OST file.
- Scan PST doesn’t support to repair OST file of previous versions of Outlook.
- Unable to repair high-level of corruption error from OST.
- Has size limitation, and doesn’t allow to repair OST file with more than 2GB size.
Smartest tool to Repair Outlook OST file
Download eSoftTools OST Recovery Software and then get it installed on the computer.
Then proceed with the below-given steps:-
1. Open the OST Recovery Software and click on the Select OST tab to Add the corrupted OST File.
2. Now get the OST file from its location and press Start Scanning button.
3. Now the software will scan the OST file to resolve its corruption errors and recover all its inner items.
4. After the scanning process, select the folders that you wish to transfer on Outlook and click on the Save OST button.
5. Select Export to PST to convert OST to PST. Apply Mail Filter by specifying a preferred Date Range, if required. And choose the destination path, click Covert to start Export process from the corrupt OST file to new PST.
5. As the process of conversion completes, verify the outcome of conversion on the destination path specified. You will find the converted OST file in the form of pst.
6. Now import this PST file in MS Outlook.
In this blog, we have provided the list of solutions for the query “How to Repair Outlook OST file in Windows 10”. Simply apply these methods to repair corrupt OST files to make the OST file database again accessible.