- Reasons for Outlook Corruption Error:-
- Solutions to Resolve Error “Selected Data file Cannot Be Use” Manually
- Smart Method to Fix “Selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Use” Error
Are you facing “the selected outlook data file (.pst) format cannot be used” error in while opening MS Outlook. If this is your problem, you must read this article to get an instant solution. Here we will talk about the best solution to repair this Mail Delivery Location error.
Outlook uses data files OST and PST for preserving users’ profile data and mailboxes locally. Both OST and PST files Outlook uses to save users important data, but these file types are different from each other.
Outlook creates PST when a user configures their email account with POP3 settings. On the other hand, Outlook obtains OST when users configure their Exchange or IMAP accounts.
These data file help users in creating a backup of their important data and various other things. But while using Outlook, several times users become unable to access their profile. The reason behind this is corruption errors in Outlook data files.
One of the most popular errors is “the selected outlook data file (.pst) format cannot be used”. This error appears in Outlook for different reasons, some of which we have discussed below.
Reasons for Outlook Corruption Error:-
Selected outlook data file (.pst) format cannot be used (also known as Mail Delivery Location) error, can appear in Outlook because:-
- Improper Outlook Termination
- PST/OST file Size increasing or oversized issue
- Changes in location of data files
- Server connection problem
- Modifications in Outlook profile settings
- Virus or Malware attack in Outlook
- Incompatible Outlook add-ons
- Corrupt or Damaged OST/PST files
Solutions to Resolve Error “Selected Data file Cannot Be Use” Manually
- Turn Off Cache Exchange Mode:-
- Remove unnecessary data from data files:-
- Check the data file location:-
- Remove Third-party add-ons:-
- Repair data file with ScanPST.exe:-
Smart Method to Fix “Selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Use” Error
For fixing the selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Used error, create a backup of data and configure the account again in Outlook.
Users can simply export data from inaccessible PST/OST files to new files with the use of eSoftTools OST to PST Converter Software. This tool will simply export all emails, contacts, calendars and other data items from OST to PST files.
With simple clicks, it will do this OST Conversion job and provide instant results. After conversion, user just need to import the output files in Outlook to make their Outlook profile again accessible.
Steps to Fix “Selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Use” Error
Follow the steps shown below to easily repair Outlook corruption errors and make your outlook profile again accessible.
Step 1:- Export data from Inaccessible to New/Healthy PST files
First, download & Install eSoftTools OST to PST Converter on your windows machine and export all data from inaccessible OST to new readable PST files.
- Launch OST Converter Software on your computer and Press the Select OST button.
- Next, select file selection mode to add OST/PST files in software from the options.
- Single file conversion mode:- For selecting and adding a single OST file in the software
- Bulk file conversion mode:- To select and import multiple OST files in the software
- Import single or multiple OST/PST files in the software and hit the Start Scanning button.
- Extract all data items and folders from OST files and preview their inner data.
- Make a selection of needed folders and hit the Save OST button from the top menu bar
- Choose PST file type from the conversion option list in the next window.
- Apply some other settings like- Mail filter, saving location and finally click on Convert.
The Software will now start the process of exporting all data from corrupt OST/PST to new healthy PST files. After getting new PST files, configure your account again in Outlook and Import the newly generated PST files.
Step 2:- Configure Account and Import PST file in Outlook
Configure your email account in Outlook and follow the steps shown below to Import PST file in Outlook.
- After configuring your How to Fix “Selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Used” Error?email account click the File option in Outlook.
- Select the Open/Export and Import/export option
- Then choose “Import from another program or file option” and click on Next.
- Select Outlook Data file (.pst) option and click on Next.
- Hit on Browse and select PST file (created from OST Converter)
- Lastly, click the Finish button to start importing PST files
In a very short time, Outlook will import all data from PST files to your newly configured account.
By applying all these steps users can easily resolve “Selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Use” from Outlook.
The error “Selected Outlook Data file (.pst) Format Cannot Be Use” is one of the error that most users faces while using Outlook. The best and quick solution to easily resolve this error we described in the above sections of this article. Users can try all manual and automated methods to resolve outlook errors easily.