Exchange database (.EDB) files contain information about the user’s emails, contacts, etc. There are multiple reasons why the user may need to open EDB files without Exchange Server, here in this article; we have given the reasons as well as the manual method of opening the files.
Quick solution to repair all kind of Exchange corruption errors and Extract Exchange mailbox items to PST is eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter Software users also can try this tool as EDB viewer tool to open EDB file without Exchange Server requirement
Manual method to Open EDB file without Exchange Server
- Download Exmerge utility from the given link:- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=2743
- Install this program on your computer.
- Now Launch Exmerge and log in with your Exchange Server account.
- After that, choose the Export or Import (two steps procedure) then press the next button.
- Select Extract data from an Exchange Server Mailbox and press next
- Click on the Import procedure tab-archive data to target store- press ok.
- Now on the Data selection criteria click over the message details- enter the details- press the OK button
- Choose message details- enter the details- press the OK button.
- Now a list of all multiple mailboxes will be shown, select the required mailbox click Next.
- Select the desired location to save the resulted PST files
- Now, press the finished button and see all EDB files is configured in Outlook.
Limitations of the manual method
- This method is not able to extract files above 2 GB.
- It is unable to Corrupt EDB files.
- This method doesn’t work for different versions of Exchange Server.
eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter to Open EDB file
The best way to access the Exchange Database files without Exchange Server file is by using a tool called eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter. The software works for both healthy and corrupt files. It scans the emails and recovers it. It offers a preview panel by which users can Open the EDB file without Exchange Server and can Extract its inner components including- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, etc.
Key features of the software
- Users can see a live preview of the inner elements of EDB files.
- The tool is able to convert EDB files into several formats like- PST, MSG, EML, HTML, EMLX.
- The tool converts both priv.edb and pub.edb file to the desired file format.
- It is compatible with different exchange and windows versions.
- Offers split the resulted PST files into small parts.
Step by step instructions to Open EDB file without Exchange Server
- Download and Run the EDB Converter tool.
- Press the Add file button from the toolbar.
- Now click on Browse or Search EDB file and select the Exchange EDB file version and then press Next.
- The tool will open EDB file and show you a live preview of all its inner elements.
- Select the required mailbox items and press the Export file button from the toolbar.
- Now choose the file format in which you want to save Exchange Database.
- After that simply choose the destination location and click on start Export to convert the EDB file to PST
You can transfer EDB files to Outlook by using both manual and direct methods to Open EDB file without Exchange Server. However, the direct approach is the best bet because with it the user can open offline, corrupt, dismounted exchange database files too.