MS Outlook is widely used for email communication, manage contact and groups, maintaining event in the calendar, and more other types of works can establish. Outlook users sometimes face one of the most common errors in Outlook “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close” and after that MS Outlook restricted for any work. So, it is most important to think about why we getting these errors and what causes occurs to produce the error and frizzes MS Outlook.
As the error message prompted, it’s mentioned running Inbox Repair Tool. After Outlook users click on the OK button, the Inbox Repair Tool will start and prompted on the screen and walk them through the given step-by-step PST Repair process.
Keep in mind, The Inbox Repair Tool will only work on a minor level of PST file corruption and it has few drawbacks and disadvantages. Also, the Inbox Repair Tool is not a recommended option for novice users because of their difficult interface.
Now here come with our today topic – Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close
Here we mentioned, few common causes that hit the error by MS Outlook-
- You may be using an outdated version of MS Office.
- Due to improper device installation over the network.
- Virus attacks and the PST file got compromised.
- Hardware changes may also affect to produce the error by Outlook.
Recommended Solution to Fix All Outlook Errors
- Outlook PST Repair Tool to easily repair all type of damaged PST file without any file size limitation
- Recovers lost emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. from corrupt Outlook PST
- Get a preview of all inner elements of Outlook PST file to move them selectively to another file type like- EMl, EMLX, MBOX, etc
How to Fix Outlook Error – Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close
Try below-mentioned methods to fix yourself and get rid of this Outlook error-
Method-1) Manual Process to Fix Outlook Error
Manual Process to Fix Outlook Error
- Uninstall and Reinstall MS Office
- Disable any newly plugged-in devices
- Disable Firewall
- Check if you have installed any security application which restricts MS Outlook operation.
- Windows Registry- This method is to make some changes to Windows Registry. However, some serious problems might occur in Outlook or your System if you modify the Windows Registry incorrectly. So, It is strongly advisable to make the backup of your Windows Registry before doing any task.
Step-1: Right Click the Windows Start button, and then choose Run.
Step-2: In the Open box, type regedit, and then select OK.
Step-3: In the left pane, expand Computer and then expand
Step-4: Under the PST key delete the registry keys below and then restart Outlook:
Follow the above-mentioned methods and restart your MS Outlook once and check if MS Outlook produces the same error again. Then you must try our 2nd method.
Use Professional Software for Outlook PST Repair
Download eSoftTools best PST Repair Software and repair outlook PST file. With this tool, all kinds of Outlook PST error gone and makes the PST file 100% usable by MS Outlook where you can easy to view MS Outlook email messages and other items. So, follow these below steps and get back PST file in working condition-
- Download PST Repair Software from the below link and install it on any version of the Windows operating system.
- Open the Software and click on “Add PST” button provided on the toolbar.
- Now browse the location of PST file that you want to repair and hit on “Start Scanning” button
- After the scanning of PST file will complete, the software shows you a similar screen as shown below.
- Now the software automatically repairs the corruption of PST file and loads all database of Outlook that is available in PST like- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, etc.
- Users can see 2 conversion options on the toolbar
- Save PST
- Export to Office 365.
Users can choose any one of them to transfer the Outlook database as per their requirement.
- When you use the Save PST option the software will offer you multiple accessible file types to convert Outlook file including- PST, MSG, EML, vCard, EMLX, MBOX, etc.
- Click on the “Browse” button to select choose the location where you want to save the resulted file. And simply press the Convert button to start the PST Repair and Conversion process.
- To Import Outlook items to Office 365 simply click on “Export to Office 365” from the toolbar.
- Now enter your Office 365 account details and click on Export to transfer the Outlook database.
- After completing the conversion process a confirmation message will appear on your screen, Now click OK.
By just following these simple steps users can easily repair any type of corrupt Outlook PST file and can export their data to another file without getting any problem.