Last updated: March 8th, 2022 at 06:15 pm
While using Outlook different situations users faces error like- “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook Needs to close“. If you are a user who is facing this similar problem, you can get a solution by reading this article. Here we have discuss the major causes and quick solutions to fix this Outlook error.
MS Outlook is an application widely used for emailing, managing contacts, maintaining events in calendars, and doing other types of work. Outlook helps users in performing different kinds of work, but while using this application sometimes users face different types of errors. One of the most common errors is “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close”.
In that kind of situation, users become unable to use MS Outlook or access their Outlook profile properly. It is important to think about the reasons behind this error and solutions to fix it immediately.
Reasosn Behind Outlook Error-
- Using an outdated version of MS Office/Outlook.
- Improper installation of Outlook Application.
- Virus or Malware attacks.
- Large sized PST files
- Corrupt PST files.
- Improper email account configuration.
Solution to Fix Outlook Error – “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook needs to close”
Users can try the below mentioned quick techniques for resolving this Outlook error and making Outlook account again accessible-
Method 1- Use Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.exe)
Make use of the Inbox Repair Tool and apply the steps shown below to quickly resolve “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook Needs to close“-
- Firstly, search and open the ScanPST.exe tool in your computer.
- Launch the ScanPST tool and click the “Browse” button to load PST files in the software.
- Add PST files in the software then hit the “Start” button to scan PST files.
- ScanPST tool will show all the detected errors of Outlook PST files.
- Next, click the “Repair” button to resolve all problem from PST files.
After the process completion, again launch Outlook and use it without any problem.
Note:- Keep in mind, The Inbox Repair Tool will only works for repairing minor corruption error from PST files and also has several other limiations. So, the recommendation to every user is peforming PST file recovery/repairing process using a professional automated solutions.
Method 2- Use Professional Tool to Repair Outlook PST files & Fix Outlook Error
The best solution for fixing “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook Needs to close” or other Outlook errors which are obtained from corrupt PST files is using the automated PST Repair/Recovery Software of eSoftTools.
It will help you to quickly repair corrupt PST files and make them again accessible and readable in MS Outlook. It simply extracts data from corrupt PST files and moves them to new working PST files in simple steps.
Steps to Recover/Repair Corrupt PST files with eSoftTools PST Recovery tool
- Download eSoftTools Outlook PST Repair Software and install it on your Windows O/S based machine.
- Launch the Software and click the “Select PST” button from the first screen.
- Choose “Single File Conversion” or “Bulk File Conversion mode” and hit the Next button.
- Now select and add corrupt PST file in the software for repairing process and hit the “Start Scanning” button
- After the scanning process PST file completion, the software shows all users data from PST files.(like- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, etc.)
- Choose needed folders from PST files and hit the Save PST button from top menu.
- Next choose the Export to PST from the conversion options. (Choose Split PST option to make PST file smaller by size.)
- Click on the “Browse” button to choose the location where you want to save the resultant files.
- Finally press the Convert button to start the PST file Repair process.
In a very short time, the software will complete the conversion process and show a confirmation message screen.
Next, import the output PST files in MS Outlook and access easily resolve Outlook error “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook Needs to close”.
In this article, we have described some of the best and easy solutions to quickly resolve Outlook errors “Something is wrong with one of your data files and Outlook Needs to close”. For fixing this Outlook error users can try both manual and automated methods. If users face any problem while using scanPST tool, they can easily try the eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Software to get the best results.