Summary:- Outlook is a popular e-mail client that organizations, as well as individuals, use for sending & receiving emails. However, while using this application users face many difficulties and problems. In some cases, we have seen that some users are facing a problem while opening PST files from a network drive. If you are also facing a similar problem and want to overcome this, read the blog. We will share with you tips on how to face this issue with confidence.
Real User Query
“I want to use and access data of an Outlook PST file from another computer with a network drive. If ever I try to do, I get an error suggesting that “The file path to file cannot be opened”. Now my question is “Is there any solution available to resolve this problem?”. Please help me…
Outlook is a smooth and efficient application that works simply for doing the email sending and receiving process. Also, it offers the feature to store all user mailbox information locally on your hard drive as Outlook data files- PST Using a network drive service user can access this PST file of Outlook from another computer. But in some Outlook shows an error while accessing PST files from through a network drive. There can be various reasons why users are getting this error. Before going to discuss its solution, first, let talk about the causes of this problem.
Reasons for Error “Cannot Open PST file From Network Drive”
- Network Failure:- To load mailbox items from a PST file in Outlook from another computer using network drive you need secure and strong connection. If the connection is not available, it can be a reason for the above mentioned problem.
- Virus infection:- If you are using a computer to open PST file using a network drive that have some some virus issues, it also can be a reason
- Outlook Data File corruption:- If you have selected the exact location of PST for opening but showing error, then it is possible that your Outlook data file is facing any corruption error.
Solution to Fix “Cannot Open PST From A Network Drive”
Most errors come in Outlook only because of the corruption problem in data files (PST). If you are also facing a problem while opening PST File from Network Drive because of PST file corruption issue. But it user fix this problem by repairing corrupt PST files using both manual and automated solutions. Using the manual method like- scanPST.exe tool of Outlook users can easily repair minor corruption errors of PST files. But to fix highly corrupted PST files we recommend using the fastest eSoftTools Outlook Recovery software.
This software will provide you the facility to make the corrupt PST file again a healthy and workable file. And after completing this step user can easily access the inner data of PST file from any location.
Steps to Fix Corrupt PST using Outlook Recovery Tool
- Launch Outlook recovery Software on your computer.
- Press Add PST button to load PST files in the software.
- Browse the location of PST file and select it then press the Start Scanning button.
- Now the software will start the scanning process to resolve all corruption errors and load all mailbox items and folders.
- Choose the required items or entire items (for saving them to new healthy PST file) and click on Save PST option from the menubar.
- From the conversion options select the Export to PST option and choose saving location to save the new PST file.
- Finally click on Convert to start the conversion process.
After this open, the PST from any location or any method like- Network Drive with Outlook.
Here in this article, we have covered the topic of why users are unable to Open PST From A Network Drive and How to fix this issue. Most users face this problem because of Outlook PST file corruption problem. But users can fix it in simple steps by taking advantage of Outlook Recovery Tool. To more about the software features and working try its demo version:-