Most searching query on the internet nowadays by multiple users is “How to Import EML file in Thunderbird“. If you also one of them who need to Open/Import EML file in thunderbird, then you are on your destination. Today through this write-up we are going to give a solution to your problem.
Mozilla Thunderbird is the most famous open-source application that every user uses for sending/receiving emails. Thunderbird comes with various advanced features and functions free of cost. Because of the great functioning of Thunderbird at zero cost, every user wishes to switch to this email client. For storing email items and mailboxes of a user account, Thunderbird uses MSF file format. On the other hand, most email clients user the EML file types to store the emails of users individually.
In a case, when a user has a need of importing emails items from an EML-supported email client to Thunderbird, it can be difficult for them. The problem is Thunderbird doesn’t provide the feature of directly import EML file type. But you don’t have to worry because where are here to provide a simple solution for resolving this problem.
How to Open & Import EML to Thunderbird Free?
Thunderbird doesn’t allow users to directly import EML email files but the method of EML to MBOX Conversion can allow users to do this difficult task in a much reliable manner. The user just needs to Convert EML to MBOX files and Import the results MBOX file in Thunderbird with Import/Export Tools add on.
We want to suggest you this eSoftTools EML to Thunderbird MBOX Converter Software to easily convert EML files. This software supports converting EML files of every supported email client including, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, eM Client, and many other. Users can convert multiple EML files/folders and save them MBOX files. In any windows version (Including- Windows 10), you can run this software without any other application requirement.
Let’s check the complete steps to Open/import EML files in Thunderbird:-
Step 1:- Open/Convert EML files to Thunderbird MBOX file
To import email items from EML file users first have to convert EML files into Thunderbird-supported MBOX files. For this simply apply the below-mentioned steps:-
- On your Windows installed computer Install and launch eSoftTools EML Converter Software, then click on Select EML folder button from the menubar to add EML files/folders.
- Now from the next opened screen press the Select EML folder button then selects the folders where you have saved your EML files.
- Click on Next button after adding the folder and start the EML folder scanning process.
- Check the Preview of all email items or open emails of EML file individually and choose the required items.
- After the selection of folders click on Convert EML button.
- Choose the option Export in MBOX from the conversion option, then select a saving location by clicking on browse button.
- Finally, click on Convert button to easily import EML emails in Thunderbird MBOX file
Step 2:- Import MBOX file in Thunderbird
After EML to MBOX Conversion import resulted in MBOX files Thunderbird. For this users can try the Import-Export tools free add-on of Thunderbird.
- Download and Install the free Import/Export Tools Add-on in Thunderbird application.
- Restart the Thunderbird application then from the menubar click on Tools >> Import/ExportTools >> Import MBOX file.
- Next, select the option Import directly one or more MBOX files and click on OK.
- Now select and add MBOX file that is generated with EML Converter.
After applying all these steps user will see all EML email items will now appear in in Thunderbird.
Through this blog post, we have provided the best and easiest solution by which users can easily do this difficult job of importing EML files in Thunderbird. Users can also give a try this EML Converter software to do EML to MBOX file conversion. Get the free demo version EML Converter Suite to convert 25 EML files from each folder to MBOX with no charges.