SeaMonkey Mail is not only a corporate communication tool, it is an internet suite that helps the user in surfing, sending/receiving emails, receive news, and much more. It is a Mozilla product that includes the web browser, HTML editor, newsgroup clients, etc. There are additional plugins for the customized use. The suite is faster, compact, and is suitable for the user who wants to do multi-tasking. However, this mailing application suffers from various limitations as well. That why users now want to shift their emails to MS Outlook. So today in this blog post we are going to discuss the quick method to Export SeaMonkey to Outlook email client.
Step 1:- Seamonkey Profile Folder Location
Seamonkey stores all user’s email items in MBOX (no extension) file format. To Export data from these files in Outlook first user have to know its exact location. :-
Follow the provided steps to get the Default location of mailboxes:–
- Launch the Seamonkey Mail application on your computer.
- Right-click on the local folder or email account from the left panel and select the setting options.
- Now click on “View settings for this account” from the “Account” options.
- Visit “Local directory” and Copy the email storage location.
- Open File Explorer and paste the email file’s location in the address bar.
- After this, you will see mailbox files without any extension. Now rename the file with .mbox extension and move it to any other location.
Step 2:- How to Export Seamonkey Mail to Outlook?
One such application is developed by eSoftTools that helps users to migrate the mails effortlessly. The name of the software is MBOX to PST Converter Software which an amazing way to import emails from Sea Monkey to Outlook PST file. The software helps in the selective conversion of the mails. It is a hassle-free way to export MBOX files to Thunderbird in a batch. Here, is a step-by-step method to convert the data.
- Download & Install the software on the computer screen.
- Now, launch this MBOX Converter software and click on Add file/folder.
- Next, the software will open a new window with 3 different options to select MBOX file. Choose the option Select MBOX file or Select MBOX folder as per your wish.
- Add the MBOX file/folder which you have created previously and click on Next.
- After this software will fetch all data/email items from the Seamonkey MBOX file and display all inner items on the software screen.
- Select the required folders and press Convert to MBOX button
- A pop-up will be seen on the screen with multiple conversion options. Select the single PST for mailbox or separate PST for each mailbox button to Export Seamonkey Mail to Outlook.
- You can even import selective MBOX files and apply filters to them. Select the date range and then transfer the files.
- Press the convert button and start the SeaMonkey MBOX to Outlook conversion without facing any problem.
Step 3:- Export Seamonkey Mail to Outlook
- Open MS Outlook to and click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Now an Import & Export wizard will open on your screen.
- Simply choose the option import from another program or file and click on Next.
- Click on the browse to select the PST (created by MBOX to PST Converter software) and again click on Next.
- Select the folder to import PST file and press the Finish button.
By just applying these simple steps you will see all your seamonkey mails now in MS Outlook.
Transferring Sea Monkey Mails to Thunderbird is a challenging task, but with the help of software launched by eSoftTools, the user can convert the files without any hassle. You can also use this tool to get satisfactory results.