Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 04:03 pm
Want to switch from Outlook to Thunderbird? Facing a situation where need to Open Outlook PST files using Thunderbird? Have a need to transfer Outlook data to Mozilla Thunderbird? If any one of these mentioned or similar queries is yours you will get your answer through this blog post. Here we are going to share the best techniques to Open PST Files in Thunderbird Mail Client in an easy manner. Read this complete article and get the answer..
PST files are data files that users use to save their important mailbox data. This data file helps users securely manage and creating a backup of their emails, contacts, calendars, and other items. The only application which is capable to access the PST file type is “MS Outlook”. Accessing the data items of PST files outside Outlook is very difficult. There are cases where users need to Open PST Files with another email client like- Thunderbird.
Also Read:- How to Import Outlook PST to Evolution Mail?
Why do Users need to Open PST File in Thunderbird?
MS Outlook is the part of Microsoft Office Suite. This is a paid email client and like some other applications, it also offers a free to trial version facility. But after exceeding the trial limit, to again use Outlook features users have to purchase its complete licensed version. Before purchasing the paid edition of Outlook most user prefers to utilize free email client like- Thunderbird. Because Thunderbird offers similar features like MS Outlook at zero cost. Configuring an account and Using the Thunderbird email client is easy, but it doesn’t offer to import PST files directly. To fight with this problem users tries to search query like- How to Open PST File in Thunderbird Mail Client on internet. The below mentioned is a real user’s query whose facing a problem similar to this.
Hey guys i am Daniel from New York. In our office we are using MS Outlook email client for communication. We have added multiple account in Outlook with POP3 settings. A very large number of data we have saved as a form PST file. Now we are working from home and i have started using Mozilla Thunderbird. I have my older PST files but i am unable to open them in Thunderbird. Now i want a solution to open OST files in Thunderbird. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Best Solution to Open PST File in Thunderbird Mail Client
Opening a PST file with Thunderbird is not easy because thunderbird doesn’t support this file format. But the method of PST to MBOX file conversion can help you. By converting PST to MBOX files users get the facility to open Outlook PST file’s data in Thunderbird email client. To make this conversion process users can try this eSoftTools PST to MBOX Converter Software. This single application will allow you to convert all kinds of Outlook PST files in a quick process. With this smart application, users can convert all Corrupt/Healthy/orphaned or encrypted PST files of all Outlook versions including- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and the below version without any problem. After converting the PST file in MBOX format users can easily import the resulted files directly in Thunderbird email client. Know the complete process by reading the next section.
Steps to Open PST File in Thunderbird Mail Client:-
Note:- Transferring and opening PST file data with thunderbird is a two step process first Convert PST to MBOX file and then import MBOX files in thunderbird. Simply follow the below mentioned steps to easily done this task.
Step 1:- Convert PST to Thunderbird MBOX files
- Download, Install, and Launch eSoftTools PST to MBOX Converter Software.
- In the first screen you will see multiple option from the top menu, simply click on Select PST button.
- A new screen will now appear on your desktop with options Select file or search PST & OST file. Choose of them to select the PST file for conversion and hit the Start Scanning button.
- Scanning process will now begin by the software to resolve corruption errors from PST files and loading all mailbox items.
- A preview of every element from PST file you will see in the software preview panel, select the required folder from the list and hit the Save PST button.
- Choose the Export to MBOX option from the conversion options list. (User can also select/deselect the option create singe file for all selected folder).
- Apply mail filtering to set date range and choose a location to save converted files and click the Convert button to start the PST to MBOX Conversion.
Step 2:- Import MBOX in Thunderbird
- Lauch Thunderbird application and select Tools.
- Choose ImportExportTool>>Import mbox file
- Select the “Import directly one or more MBOX file” from the next screen and click on Ok.
- Add the MBOX files and easily start accessing Outlook PST file data with Thunderbird
After moving from Outlook to a free email client mostly every user prefers to use Thunderbird. Also, when a user has some orphaned PST files and is unable to use Outlook to open them users prefer using Thunderbird. But thunderbird doesn’t offer to directly read PST files data. To solve this problem in the above part of this blog we have provided the best solution. If users need to open PST files in Thunderbird the above-recommended solution is perfect for them. Before purchasing the complete version of this software user can try its demo version which will allow you to make the instant PST to MBOX conversion free of cost.