Summary:- In this article, we are going to provide you some easy and straightforward techniques to easily Migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook. If you also have some of your important data in Lotus Notes that you want to transfer in Outlook, then this blog is for you. Let’s check out the solution for the query “How To Convert NSF File to PST Free?“.
Outlook and HCL/IBM Lotus Notes both are the most used desktop-based email clients available for users. Both email clients have numerous advanced features for making the email sending and receiving task with security and in a reliable manner. But with the increasing popularity of Microsoft, Outlook has got the top position in the list of all email clients. Now every user wants to switch to this email client (Outlook). But what are the reasons and why users want to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook? Let’s check
Why do users need to Migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook?
MS Outlook offers various smart features and advantages by which user wants to switch to this email client:-
- Outlook is cheaper and cost-effective as compared to Lotus Notes
- Outlook is a part of the Microsoft Office suite and with this suite users also get the application MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. On the other hand, Lotus Notes is a single application that users will get.
- Users can configure and use multiple email clients using Outlook without facing any kind of problem, But Lotus Notes doesn’t offer this facility.
- The maintenance cost of Outlook is also lower than Lotus Notes.
- Lotus Notes requires technical skills and its user interface is difficult for non-technical persons.
These are the features of Outlook that attract users to switch to this email client. But sometimes also users have a need to use this email client because of some other reasons. Let’s see them with some real user’s user queries.
This is Jane from Australia. A year ago I started a company and for communication with our clients and staff members, we used the Lotus Notes email application. But now we are using Outlook. Recently we have noticed that some of our important emails and contacts are in a Lotus Notes NSF file. Now we want to import this NSF file data in Outlook. But I don’t have the knowledge of what to do in this case. So, please recommend a solution to Convert NSF File to PST Free immediately.
Manual Method to Convert NSF File to PST Free
For users who need to import their data from Lotus Notes in Outlook in a free manner, they can use this method. To this method, users need both Outlook and Lotus Notes email clients. It is a step process first export Lotus Notes NSF file data in CSV then Import the generated CSV file in Outlook application.
Note:- The Method will only work with healthy NSF files and also requires both Outlook and Lotus Notes email clients.
Step 1: Export data from NSF to CSV
- Launch Lotus Notes program on your computer.
- Click on File >> Open >> Add your NSF file.
- Now again click on File then Export.
- A new Export window will now appear on your screen. From this window Enter the file name, and choose to save as type “Comma Separated Value” and simply click on the Export button.
- Now from the CSV Export dialog box choose to require options and click on OK.
Step 2:- Import CSV File into Outlook
After exporting Lotus Notes Database to CSV, import the CSV file in Outlook.
- Open Outlook application and click on File from the menu bar.
- Select Open & Export then click on Import/Export option.
- After this, a new Import and Export wizard window will open on your screen. From this window choose the “Import from another program or file” from the provided options then click on Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values from the Import a file window and click on the Next button.
- Next, click on Browse and add previously created CSV files, and hit the Next button.
- Choose the folder in which you want to import Lotus Notes data and click on Next.
- Select the given checkbox and click finish.
After applying these steps you can import data from NSF file of Lotus Notes in Outlook. This method can be used as a free method but it has some limitations and also you will face many challenges while using this method.
Limitations of Manual method of importing NSF file to PST:-
- Time taking process & also requires technical skills
- Novice users will face difficulty.
- Doesn’t support batch conversion.
- Requires opening Both Lotus Notes and Outlook applications.
- Users can transfer only a few items from NSF at a single time.
- Also has a risk of data loss and file corruption.
Best Free NSF to PST Converter Software to Convert NSF to PST Free
Most of the users searched methods to Convert NSF to PST Free and found the above-mentioned technique, but because of security reasons and saving their valuable time the user doesn’t try to opt for this technique. The manual method has various problems and it is difficult, also it can only move data from a healthy NSF file of Lotus Notes. After seeing this, eSoftTools has launched the application called NSF to PST Converter Software.
The reason we recommend this tool is, it is an automated solution for anyone both technical and non-technical people, to utilize this software without any prior knowledge. Users can use this software like simple computer applications because it has a simple graphical interface. Also, it works with Outlook requirements. Let’s check out the software working process:-
Steps to Convert NSF to PST Free with Best NSF to PST Converter:-
- Run NSF to PST Converter software on a lotus notes installed computer.
- Press Select NSF button to add NSF files of Lotus Notes in the software. (Users can select single as well as multiple NSF files for conversion at a single time)
- Start the scanning process to repair corruption errors from NSF files.
- Load all mailbox items/folders from NSF files then click on the save NSF button.
- Choose PST from the conversion options and then select your destination path to save the resulted file.
After applying this user can easily Convert NSF to PST without getting any other application assistance and without Outlook requirements.
More features of NSF to PST Converter Software
- In addition, to Convert NSF to PST, users can also use this application to convert NSF to EML, EMLX, MSG, vCard, CSV, MBOX, HTML, Zimbra, ICS, etc.
- More easier than other free methods of NSF to PST file conversion
- Use the software to Import Lotus Notes to Office 365, Gmail, and YahooMail.
- Provides mail filtering and naming convention-like advanced features.
- Also offers to split the larger sized resulted PST files into multiple small parts.
- Offers Batch Export option to Convert NSF to PST in bulk of any Lotus Notes version 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5, and 6.0.
- Users can also export only selected folders from NSF to PST files
- Doesn’t require the Outlook application for conversion and Convert NSF to PST file that will work on all older to newer versions of Outlook.
These are the free methods that a user can try to make free NSF file conversion. Users can try the manual method for doing a conversion but it is difficult and to move from Lotus Notes to Outlook is not a perfect choice for every user. So our recommendation is to go with the solution that is given by eSoftTools known as Best NSF to PST Converter. With this software, you will get the ability to Convert NSF to PST Free in a most secure and reliable manner.