Last updated on January 23rd, 2023 at 07:15 pm
When it comes to using the best email service, Microsoft Outlook is at the top of the list with millions of users around the world. But sometimes it also shows various kinds of errors and problems. It is also true that users must deal with a variety of error messages, such as Outlook error 0x80070003. There could be various reasons behind this error. If you’re facing the “An Unknown Error occurred, Error Code 0x80070003” message In Outlook, don’t worry; in this blog post, we’ll go through the best way to resolve this problem.
If you encounter any MS Outlook PST file errors, and If a manual solution such as Inbox Repair Tool fails to resolve the problem. Then you can use eSoftTools Outlook PST Recovery Tool. It is able to effectively repair all Outlook data file corruption problems.
What causes the 0x8007003 error in Outlook?
There may be a number of reasons for this error, including:
- Incorrectly configured Outlook account by the user.
- Outlook installed incorrectly in the machine.
- Malware and virus attacks.
When this error happens, the Outlook users receive a message in Outlook stating that “an unknown error occurred ‘0x80070003” while attempting to create a new PST file from the account setting option. So, let’s talk about how to fix this error code.
How to Fix Outlook Error Code- 0x80070003?
Users sometimes apply complicated methods to deal with Outlook issues and as a result, they lost their important data due to a lack of expertise and Internet research. We’ll show you how to fix Outlook error 0x80070003 using both a manual and automated approach in the sections below.
Method 1:- Resolve “unknown error code 0x80070003 occurred in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007” manually.
- To begin, close Outlook and open the registry editor.
Press Windows+R key, type regedit, and press the Enter button.
- Find and select the following subkey in the registry editor:-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Then, in the value, locate ‘Personal‘.
- Check to see if the Data Field contains a valid location or not.
- If you’re not sure, copy the path and paste this into Windows Explorer.
- Check to see if the files are located by it first.
- If you can locate your files, double-click on the ‘Personal‘ value.
- Next, copy and paste the path of your MY Document Folder into the Value data box, then click OK.
- After that, in the Value data box, you’ll see %USERPROFILE%\Documents.
- Close the ‘Registry Editor’ at the final stage and now open Outlook.
Method 2:- Fix Outlook Error 0x80070003 in a Safe and Fast Way
The error message “An unknown error occurred, error code 0x80070003” is most commonly caused in Outlook because of corrupted PST files. If the methods mentioned above do not work for you and you are unable to fix the errors, Then you should use a dependable Outlook Recovery tool to repair it. It will assist you in resolving corruption problems in PST files and will save your important files and data in their original format.
The user can easily resolve the Outlook 0x80070003 problem with eSoftTools Outlook Recovery Tool. The app allows users to patch corrupt Outlook PST files by correcting all of the file’s errors. The tool includes a powerful scanning mode that allows users to fix minor and major corruption issues in PST files with a single click. After the Recovery or repair process, the user can also export PST files into multiple file formats.
Every kind of error that occurs in Outlook causes problems and disrupts the workflow. We’ve covered both a manual and automated approach to dealing with Outlook errors in this article. However, safe Software is recommended to resolve error 0x80070003 Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 without any issues or data loss.