One needs to enable IMAP setting on Gmail to receive and read emails from Gmail in any different email client or platform. Even after enabling this setting, you can access and synchronize all the mailbox information on multiple devices and that tool in real-time.
Also to migrate data in Gmail through eSoftTools, there is a need to enable this option in your Google Gmail account.
Point to be remembered:
Heavy IMAP upload/download can result in locking the Google account. So please note that the permissible limit for IMAP downloads is 2500 MB per day and IMAP uploads is 500 MB per day. If the Gmail account is configured and synced on more than one device, then take a pause for a while between each device.
Steps to enable the IMAP settings on Google Gmail account
The first step should be to check if IMAP is turned on or not. For this follow the below steps.
1. Open any browser and login in your Gmail account
2. In the top right, click on the Settings icon
3. Choose “Settings” to option from the dropdown list
4. The setting will appear. Select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option.
5. Under the “IMAP Access”, click on “Enable IMAP” radio button
7. Proceed with the “Save Changes” button.