Last updated on September 22nd, 2023 at 04:07 pm
Want to know the process of creating a google third-party app password? Then by reading this article get your answer. Here we will show the complete steps to Create an App Password for Gmail.
Recently Google has stopped the “Less Secure Apps” service and has changed it with a third-party app password-generating process. It allows users to easily log in to their Gmail account with third-party apps.
By using this service Google provides a 16-digits key to use as a password for Gmail account login process. Users who want to know how to use and apply this service must read the next section of this write-up. In the below-discussed sections, we have provided the complete steps to perform this job in an easy manner.
How to Generate App Password for Gmail?
For generating app passwords users have to follow a two steps process. Firstly, enable 2-step verification in your Google account, and secondly create an app password.
Step 1:- How to Enable 2-Step Verification In Gmail?
- Open Gmail and log in with your account.
- After login, click on the profile icon and then press the “Manage Your Google Account” option.
- Move to Gmail settings window and select the Security tab.
- Click on 2-Step Verification for enabling.
- Hit the Get Started button and then click on Try It Now.
- Select/Input your phone number & choose the “Text Message” or “Phone Call” option.
- Press Send button, enter the code (sent by Google) and click on Next
- From the next opened screen, click on “Turn On” to successfully enable 2-Step verification in Gmail.
Step 2:- How to Create an App Password in Gmail for Third-party apps?
Apply the steps of enabling 2-step verification shown above and then follow the process described below to generate a Gmail app password:-
- After enabling 2 steps verification, click on your profile and then click on “Manage Your Google Account”.
- Click on the search box and type “App Passwords” and select the first option.
- Click on Select App and choose the option “other (custom name)“.
- Select the required options and hit the Generate button.
- Get your new App Password for third-party apps, copy the generated password, and click on “Done”.
Now you have your Google app password for third-party apps, simply use that key with the software of eSoftTools like- PST to Gmail Converter, MBOX to Gmail Migrator, and others.
Google generated Third-party app password is now the only technique to login Gmail accounts with non-google accounts. For using this service firstly users have to enable 2 steps verification on their account. After that, users can easily get their Google app password. Both these processes we have provided in the above sections. Follow all the steps and easily Create an App Password for Gmail.