AOL is a cloud-based service, thus the risk of data loss is a big problem. To protect AOL account data, users can download AOL emails to their computers as MBOX files. If you want to save or Export AOL email folders to MBOX files, you’ve entered your destination. To get the best answer, keep reading.
Accessing or storing data on a cloud server is not as safe. From cloud servers, users become unable to access their data in cases like- account deletion, server crashes, hacking attacks, and some other problems. Due to this reason, several users prefer switching from web-based clients to desktop applications.
AOL is also an example of a webmail service where users preserve their email profile data. Several times users face hacking, server outages, and many other problems with AOL accounts.
To prevent these problems users move their data to desktop-based email apps. This also helps users in taking backups of their important data on their local drive.
While making a backup of AOL Mail account data, users prefer saving mail folders in MBOX files. This file type is accessible by more than 30 email applications. Also, there are several benefits of saving AOL mail folders to MBOX files.
As a result, several want to export AOL mail folders to MBOX files. But for some users, it becomes too difficult to complete this job, because of improper knowledge. So, now let’s see how all users can do this job of AOL email backup to MBOX files with ease and efficiency.
Also Read: – How to Export AOL Mail Folders to Outlook PST?
Advanced Solution to export AOL email folders to MBOX files
There is no direct way to Export mail folders AOL Mail service to MBOX files. So, you may test out the best software available in the market called eSoftTools AOL Email Backup and Migration Software.
It enables users to effortlessly download AOL emails with attachments and other associated data. Multiple AOL Mail emails from all as well as specific mail folders users can download with all of their original information and formatting.
How to save/ export Mail folders from AOL account to MBOX files?
To backup AOL emails to MBOX files using eSoftTools AOL Backup and Migration tool, follow the steps mentioned below: –
- On a PC (having Windows O/S), download and launch AOL backup & migration software.
- Enter your AOL account email address and app password in the software.
- After entering your AOL account information, click Login to load your AOL mail folders.
- From the list of AOL account mail folders, choose the necessary folders.
- Select any one of these options for saving mail folders to MBOX from the export options list: –
- Save in Single MBOX: – all emails of all chosen mail folders save in a single MBOX file.
- Save in Separate MBOX: – Get a separate MBOX file with a separate AOL mail folder.
- Specify a location from your local drive where you want to save the resulting MBOX files.
- Use the mail filter option to select dates of emails and backup emails of specific dates.
- Press the Save Backup button and begin the AOL email backup to MBOX files process.
Key features of eSoftTools AOL Mail Backup and Migration Software: –
- Quickly create copies of your AOL Mail account emails to local drive.
- Save AOL emails in ten distinct file formats, including- Thunderbird, PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, and MBOX.
- Also, saves AOL mail folders in single MBOX and separate MBOX files.
- Download emails from specific AOL mail account folders.
- It offers the option of mail filtering for email extraction for only certain dates.
- Supports saving downloaded files to user-specified locations.
- Compatible with every version of Windows OS, including- 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and others.
It is a good and intelligent choice to create a backup of your AOL emails in file formats like- MBOX. In this post, we have covered the topic “How to export AOL email folders to MBOX files “. If you have a big number of emails on AOL account and want to download them easily, then you can use the above-given technique. Also, try the demo edition of AOL Mail backup software and check all software functions for free.