Are you using Cincinnati Bell’s email service and in a situation where you need to extract and save emails to a hard drive? If yes, then your solution you will get through this write-up. In this article, we will describe the technique to Download Email from Cincinnati Bell to Hard Drive. Let’s begin.
The company “Cincinnati Bell” (AltaFiber) provides a webmail service to its users. This webmail service is based on the Zimbra web client. It is not a very popular email application, although there are some users who prefer to use this webmail service.
Like other web-based email applications, it works on a web browser and preserves the user’s data on a cloud mail server. Therefore, all users can easily access Cincinnati Bell email from any location and device through a web browser.
When using Cincinnati Bell, sometimes users need to create a backup of their email for several reasons. At that time, they needed a reliable solution to perform this task safely.
Why take backup of Cincinnati Bell Emails?
There are different reasons why users want to do this task of downloading email from Cincinnati Bell, some of them are as follows: –
- Access emails offline: – Users can access email from their Cincinnati Bell account only if they have an Internet connection. Whereas downloading Cincinnati emails to a computer makes it possible to access those emails locally.
- Securing email data: – There is a possibility of accidental deletion of emails from Cincinnati Webmail. Therefore, users must have a copy of their important emails. As a result, users prefer to download emails to hard drives.
I have a Cincinnati Bell email account and I use it occasionally. I’m thinking of stopping using it because I have an additional mail account in Gmail. But before deleting my Cincinnati Bell account I want to backup all my emails. Please suggest a quick and easy way to download Cincinnati Bell Email to a computer.
Manually Download Email from Cincinnati Bell to Hard Drive
- Open the Cincinnati Bell Webmail client and Login to your account.
- Hit on the “Preferences” tab and then select Import/Export option.
- Choose and apply the required setting from the Export section.
- Lastly, click the Export button and get all of your emails in a TGZ file.
Limitation of this manual method
- Not able to download some specific emails from Cincinnati email accounts.
- With this method, users get the option of only one file type (TGZ) to save emails.
- There is no guarantee of accurate results for email backup with original information.
Automatic Solution to Backup Cincinnati Bell Emails
For a quick backup process of emails from Cincinnati Email to a hard drive, users should use automated tools like- eSoftTools IMAP Backup and Migration software. With this utility, users efficiently download Cincinnati Bell email to their computers.
All types of persons (technical and non-technical) can easily operate this software. At one time, it can extract a large number of emails without causing any problems. It can extract all the emails and retain all the information related to them. It extracts emails and supports saving them in more than 10 file types including PST, EMLX, EML, MSG, HTML, MBOX, and others.
How to Download Cincinnati Bell emails via IMAP Backup tool?
- Download and Install IMAP Backup and Migration Software to your PC.
- Launch the software and add your Cincinnati Bell email account details.
- Email Address: – add your Cincinnati Bell account email address.
- Password: – type the password of your Cincinnati Bell email account
- Port: – 993 (Leave it as default)
- Hostname: – imap.fuse.net
- After adding the required details, press the Login button.
- Load all mail folders of your Cincinnati Bell webmail account.
- Choose the required folders and choose an export option (PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, PDF, and Thunderbird).
- Select the Mail filter option for downloading emails of a specific date range.
- Use the Naming convention option for adding custom names to resultant files.
- Hit on Browse to choose a saving location from your computer.
- Lastly, press the “Save Backup” button and start the process of downloading Cincinnati Bell emails to a hard drive.
There is a large number of users who are looking for a solution to backup Cincinnati Bell emails. Above we have shown 2 different methods that the user can follow to complete this task safely. We recommend users adopt an automated tool- eSoftTools IMAP Backup and Migration tool. It will provide many smart options and functions to make this backup process much easier with accuracy.