Last updated on December 23rd, 2021 at 12:58 pm
If you’re in a situation where you need to convert Lotus NSF to MBOX free and you’ve come here to look for answers, then switch your cursor anywhere. In this blog, we will explore the best method for it. So keep reading the blog to find the answer to your question.
Lotus Notes, also known as IBM Notes, is an email program for corporates. This is the main email application for many businesses. IBM Lotus Notes uses NSF files to store user emails, contacts, calendars, and other information. It is a very popular email client but this application is difficult to use and requires high-level technical knowledge. Many companies are migrating away from Lotus Notes because of its complexity and lack of flexibility.
To migrate from Lotus Notes many users want to convert NSF files to MBOX format. By converting NSF to MBOX users can easily switch from Lotus Notes to email clients like- Apple Mail, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, and others.
Why users need to convert NSF file to MBOX format?
- As previously mentioned, IBM Notes needs technical knowledge, so many users prefer to migrate to a simpler email client.
- Users are unable to access its files with any other email client due to its powerful file algorithm, which is nice from a security standpoint but not always.
- Its high maintenance costs prompting users to seek out free alternatives such as- Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and others.
Many companies are moving from Lotus Notes to MBOX email clients for these purposes. However, the MBOX file-supported email clients do not allow you to access the NSF mailbox directly. Users must convert NSF to MBOX file format in order to access their mailbox in MBOX file-supported email clients.
Best NSF to PST Converter to Convert NSF to MBOX files
There is no manual method for converting Lotus Notes NSF files to MBOX. So, in that case, you should try an automated solution like eSoftTools Best NSF to MBOX Converter Software. This is the best and most accurate NSF file migrator tool, which can convert Lotus Notes NSF files to MBOX format. This program converts NSF files to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, MBOX, HTML, and others in addition to MBOX file format. During the conversion of MBOX file format, the tool is capable of preserving all metadata, email headers, and other information in a well-organized manner.
How to Convert Lotus NSF to MBOX Free?
- Download and install the tool on your computer first.
- Run the software after its installation in your machine.
- Click on the Select NSF File button to directly add the NSF file.
- Now a new window will appear on your screen with two options to add NSF files:- 1) Select NSF file 2) Search NSF Database.
Choose any one option and select NSF file from its location and press the start scanning button.
- The app will now take a few seconds to display the entire list of NSF mailboxes and their folders in a tree-like structure, as seen in the screenshot below.
- On the left panel of the tree structure, you’ll see a list of all of your selected NSF files. If you want to see a preview of your email, contacts, calendar, or other items of NSF file, go to the tree hierarchy and click on the folders.
- Now click the Convert button and select MBOX file options from the conversion options.
- Last, select a location to save the resultant file.
- When you’ve finished these steps, press the Convert button and wait for the confirmation message.
We discussed the Best NSF to MBOX Converter Tool offered by eSoftTools Software in this article. This method is ideal for converting NSF files to MBOX files in order to move from Lotus Notes to another email client. The Trial Version enables us to convert the first 25 email items from each folder of NSF mailbox files without charging any fees or costs.
Also Read:- How to Convert NSF to PST file?