If you are a user of MS Outlook and if you seen NST files in your machine but unable to know what is use of this file, then this blog is for you. In this blog we are going to discuss the most searched question by Outlook users what is NST files. Also, we will provide you the knowledge of how to create NST files and Open NST files with Outlook.
Get a free demo of eSoftTools OST PST Converter Software and also get the benefit of making conversion and Opening NST files without the requirement of any additional software. OST Converter will also allow you to Convert NST files to Outlook PST, and various other file format options. In addition, you can also Import NST file items to Office 365, Gmail, and Gmail like Cloud platforms.
What is Outlook NST file
NST file is also an Outlook data file similar to PST and OST files that Outlook uses for storing users’ mailboxes. Outlook creates this NST file when a user configures their Office 365 account with MS Outlook. After the configuring process of the Office 365 account outlook saves all group conversations as a local copy in the GST (Group Storage File) with .nst extension in the user machine. It also allows users to use and work with it in Offline mode.
Before going to the next section first let’s check a real user’s query related to this Outlook NST files:-
Before a week a have configured my Office 365 account in MS Outlook. After this process and got a file with a .nst extension in my local machine. I am not sure how this file is created with MS Outlook. Before this, I have only used Outlook PST and OST file, it means this is a new file extension form. Can anyone suggest what to do with this NST file and How to open this NST file?
How to Create NST file in Outlook?
Basically Outlook creates this NST file when users configures their Office 365 account in MS Outlook email client. If you also do that simply follow the given below steps:-
- Launch Outlook application and open the Outlook ADD Account wizard then enter your Office 365 account email address.
- Outlook will now start the process of adding an account and show a message “We’re Getting Things Ready”.
- After this, a new dialog box will appear on your screen to add a password, simply put your O365 account password in this field and press OK.
- Now Outlook will add your Office 365 account for creating NST files.
- All your office 365 account detail will now save in your local machine as .nst file.
Location of Outlook NST File
Simply check out the below mentioned steps, to know the Outlook NST file location:-
- From the left-side of Outlook, right-click on your Office 365 account, then select the Data File Properties option.
- Now, from the next opened window click on the advanced tab.
- After this, a new Microsoft Windows will open, from there move to the Advanced tab then click on Outlook Data file settings.
- From this Outlook Data File Settings window, copy the storage location which you will see in the File Box.
- Now Open Windows Explorer and paste the copied path in the address bar and easily get the NST file location.
How to Open/Convert NST file or import to Office 365?
If you have some .nst files but you have no medium to access these files. Then our recommendation is to Convert NST file to another workable format like PST. A free application is also available to do this, eSoftTools OST File Converter Software. This software is the best solution to repair corrupt files and also Convert OST/PST/and NST files of MS Outlook. It supports to Convert NST files into 10+ file-formats including- PST, EML, EMLX, HTML, MBOX, vCard, CSV, ICS, etc. In addition, you can import data from NST to Office 365/YahooMail/Gmail cloud directly by using this tool.
Let’s follow the given steps how to Open and Convert NST file to PST:-
- Download & Install eSoftTools OST/NST Converter Software and Launch the application on your machine.
- Press select OST button from the first screen to add NST Outlook file in the software for conversion.
- Preview inner components and folders of NST file then click on Save OST.
- Choose PST file or another format from the conversion options.
- Select saving location and hit the “convert” button to start the conversion task.
Save the NST file data in PST or another format to read NST file data with multiple platforms.
Another query that most Outlook users search on the internet is “can I delete outlook nst file from my local machine“. The simple answer is you can free up space in your computer by deleting NST but before this, you should import data of NST file in Office 365 or any other cloud platform. Users can import NST file data to Office 365, Gmail, and YahooMail. Follow the steps given below top Import NST to Office 365:-
- Launch the Software and add NST files.
- Preview NST file folders and items.
- Select required folders then click on Import into Cloud >> Import to Office 365.
- Login with office 365 account and then click on Convert and easily import all NST file data in Office 365.
NST file is also an Outlook data file similar to OST and PST. If you also have this file but if you don’t how to access data of this file or if you are going to delete this file. Before this you should give a try the method of NST file Conversion that we have mentioned in the above section. For a try to this tool download its demo version.