Last updated on September 25th, 2021 at 03:28 pm
It’s possible that you’ll need to export Exchange Public Folders to PST for backup, archiving, or recovering data from an old mailbox database. However, exporting Public Folders is difficult because Microsoft does not have a native method for doing so. The cmdlet New-MailboxExportRequest of PowerShell can be used to export exchange mailbox, But there is no equivalent cmdlet for exporting a Public Folder.
Users can Export Public Folder to PST in two ways. We’ll go into these approaches and their benefits and drawbacks in this article:-
Export both Private and Public Folders from Exchange mailbox to PST. More importantly, without using PowerShell commands with this eSoftTools EDB to PST Converter Software.
Method 1:- Export Public Folder to PST Exchange 2010 using Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook and open your Outlook profile which is connected with Exchange Server.
- Next, select the Open & Export option, then choose Import/Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, select the “Export to a file” option and then hit on “Next“.
- In the Export to a File dialogue box, select Outlook Data File (.PST) and then press the “Next” button.
- Pick the Public Folder to export to PST from the “Export Outlook Data File” screen. Click the ‘Next‘ button.
- Choose a location where you want the resulted PST file. After that, press Finish.
After this you will that your Exchange 2010 Public Folders have been successfully exported to PST file.
Method 2:- Export Exchange Public Folders to PST with EDB Converter
The PowerShell cmdlets are not works when it comes to exporting Public Folders to PST in Exchange 2010 and Import/Export Wizard is not the best option. That why, when it comes to exporting Public folders to PST in Exchange 2010, you’ll need a tool like eSoftTools Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software. In just a few clicks, you can convert Public folders and subfolders from Exchange EDB to PST. It’s the easiest and most dependable way to export Exchange 2010 Public Folders without having to worry about PST file corruption.
Steps to Export Public Folders to PST Exchange 2010:-
- Download and Run the on your machine and click the Add file button.
- A File Open Dialog window will appear on your screen. Press the Browse or Search EDB file to add EDB file for recovery and conversion. Select the EDB file version “Exchange Server 2010” and press the Next button.
- After this, the software will start the scanning process of EDB file.
- Now you will see all of the inner folders of EDB file, including the public folder and email objects. Select the required folders and emails and click on Export File button.
- Select the Destination path, Outlook PST file options from the conversion options section and press the Start Export button.
- After this, the software will start the conversion process and you will get a new PST file with all your public folder data in a very small time.
The manual method of exporting public folders from Exchange 2010 with Outlook Import/Export wizard is not the best method. So it is recommended to make use of Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software. It will allow you to recover lost data from an Exchange EDB file as well as export data from public folders without difficulty.