App-specific passwords enable Apple users to access their Apple ID from third-party apps or services that don’t support two-factor authentication directly. This app password service provides an extra layer of security by allowing access to specific apps or services without revealing your main Apple ID password. For this reason many apple users want to generate iCloud app password. So, let’s see the complete steps to do this job easily.
How to generate iCloud App Password? step by step guide
To generate an Apple app-specific password, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple ID account page by visiting the following link in your web browser: https://appleid.apple.com/
- Sign in to your Apple ID account using your Apple ID and password.
- Once signed in, locate the “Sign-in and Security” section.
- Select the “App-Specific Passwords” option and click the “Generate an App-specific password” button.
- Enter a name for the app or service you want to generate the password for. This name will help you identify the specific app or service associated with the password.
- Click on “Create” to generate the app-specific password.
- A unique 16-character password will be generated for the app or service you specified. Make sure to keep this password secure and note it down, as you won’t be able to retrieve it later.
- Copy the generated password and use it when prompted to enter your Apple ID password for the specific app or service.