- Reasons to Turn Off Outlook’s Work Offline Mode in Outlook –
- How to Disable Work Offline mode in MS Outlook?
- Disable Work Offline mode in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or 2021
- Disable Work Offline mode in Outlook 2007
- Methods for Connecting to Server When Unable After Disabling Work Offline Mode
- Disable Work Offline mode in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or 2021
Do you want to disable Work Offline Mode in Outlook but don’t know the steps? So, don’t worry because here is your solution. In this article, we will show you a method to easily turn off Outlook’s work offline mode.
MS Outlook is a desktop application introduced by Microsoft for email account management. It provides an easy interface for sharing emails and other functions like contact/calendar management etc.
Users also get a work offline function inside Outlook. It allows users to work with their emails and other data without the internet. Enabling Work Offline mode allows users to view and edit the email profile data stored locally on their computer.
Changes made by users to their local data are automatically synchronized with the mail server’s data after receiving the connection.
This mode is useful if you want to work and access your Outlook profile data offline. But apart from this benefit, working offline is also a cause of some problems in Outlook. Users who are facing those issues prefer to disable the offline mode.
Reasons to Turn Off Outlook’s Work Offline Mode in Outlook –
- Access to Latest Emails: – Outlook’s offline mode closes the connection to the server. For this reason, Outlook becomes unable to receive new emails. Disabling offline mode enables users to receive new emails from the mail server and update the mailbox.
- Sending emails from Outbox: – Offline mode in Outlook also restricts the sending of emails and stores them in the Outbox folder. To share those emails, users must first disable the offline mode.
- Server and Client Synchronization: – For direct connection/synchronization of the Outlook mailbox to the mail server, it is necessary to disable the offline mode. This enables users to add/edit data from one desktop and the changes will be visible on different devices.
I have over 50 emails available in my Outlook profile that I want to forward. But currently, I am facing an issue in Outlook and am unable to send these emails. I think I have accidentally turned on the Work Offline mode of MS Outlook. Please provide me with the method to disable it.
How to Disable Work Offline mode in MS Outlook?
Through these given methods simply disable the work offline mode in the MS Outlook application: –
Disable Work Offline mode in Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or 2021
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your desktop.
- From the top ribbon, click on the Send/Receive tab.
- Look for the “Work Offline” button from the section “Preferences” or “Send/Receive Groups”.
- Check whether Work Offline mode is enabled or not. If it is enabled then simply click on the “Work Offline” button to disable it.
Disable Work Offline mode in Outlook 2007
In addition to the above-given method, users can also try this below-given method to disable work offline mode in Outlook 2007: –
- On your computer start the MS Outlook application.
- Hit on the “File” button from the top menu bar.
- Click on the “Work Offline” option from the drop-down list, and turn it off by simply unchecking it.
By following these easy steps disable Work Offline mode in Outlook to start online operations such as sending and receiving emails.
Methods for Connecting to Server When Unable After Disabling Work Offline Mode
In case the “Work Offline” option is greyed out, then it can’t be enabled or disabled. The reason behind this greyish colour may be some problem related to Outlook. To resolve them users can try these simple techniques: –
Method 1: – Check Internet Connection
First of all, make sure that your computer has an internet connection. Check your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to make sure it’s active and working properly.
Method 2: – Restart Outlook
Sometimes, minor issues occur with Outlook that may cause Work Offline Mode to be greyed out. Users can try the method of restarting MS Outlook to fix this issue easily.
Note: -If restarting Outlook doesn’t fix the problem, you can try restarting your computer.
Method 3: – Check Account Settings
Check the Outlook profile configuration and server settings in the Outlook application. Visit to Account settings/Email Settings and verify the fields like- Host/Server Name, Port, email address, password, etc.
Method 4: – Use Outlook Safe Mode
Sometimes, some Outlook add-ons also cause the greyish work offline button issue. To check them simply launch MS Outlook in safe mode and remove the faulty add-ons.
Steps to open Outlook in safe mode: –
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- In the run dialog box type outlook.exe /safe.
- Press Enter or click on OK and start MS Outlook in safe mode.
Method 5: – Create a New Outlook Profile
- Open the Control Panel and select Mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Click the Show Profiles button in the Mail Setup-Outlook Window.
- Hit the Add… button add your Profile Name and click on OK.
- Apply the steps of email account configuration and add your email profile.
Method 6: – Repair Outlook Profile and data files
Repairing Outlook profile and data files is possible with 2 different options: –
Solution 1: – Use Inbox Repair Tool
- Close Outlook and visit the location
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\OfficeXX
- Search the ScanPST.exe and double-click on it to launch the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Hit on the Browse button and add faulty Outlook data files.
- Press the Start button and begin the process of scanning errors.
- Lastly, click on the Repair button and start repairing corruption errors.
Note: – The inbox repair tool can only fix some minor issues from Outlook data files. In case you want to repair data files with ease and accuracy, then you should try automated software.
Solution 2: – Automated Outlook Recovery Software
Get the power to solve all issues in Outlook related to data files through the eSoftTools Outlook Recovery software. It will allow you to simply convert corrupt PST to a new healthy PST file. The new file users can directly import to Outlook and fix Outlook errors.
It also provides the facility to split large-size PST files into smaller parts and enables users to read PST file data independently.
Method 7: – Check Outlook Updates or Reinstall the Outlook app
If none of the above methods help you, you now need to try updating Outlook or reinstalling it. Check for updates to Outlook and install it to resolve errors in Outlook. If you do not get results then uninstall MS Outlook and reinstall it on your computer.
Disabling Work Offline mode in Outlook is a straightforward process that involves accessing the “Send/Receive” tab and toggling the “Work Offline” button. If in any case, users are unable to disable it, then they should opt for the other mentioned methods. Reconnect Outlook to the Internet by following the above method and start seamlessly synchronizing your emails and other important data with the mail server.