Mozilla Thunderbird has a number of advanced features that make work and email management much easier and simpler. The message filter is one such function of thunderbird. It enables users to organize their email messages automatically. Users can get the aid of this message filter option to move, delete, forward message folders, and more. In this blog, we’ll go over how to use these Message filters in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Download eSoftTools Thunderbird to Outlook converter Software to move your Mozilla Thunderbird mailboxes to Outlook, Office 365, Gmail, Yahoomail and other platform.
Introduction to Thunderbird Message Filter Rule
Manually organize or manage emails is very difficult for every users if you are getting too much emails in your account. For organizing messages automatically, thunder has offered this message filter feature. The Thunderbird Message Filter is simple to set up and use. This is built-in feature of Thunderbird that protects your inbox from overflow and prejudice. You can use this to create a variety of filters for different folders.
How to Set Up mail rules in Mozilla Thunderbird
The instructions below explain “How to set up mail rules in Mozilla Thunderbird“, simply follow these steps to organize your emails:-
- Launch the Thunderbird application and create a new folder in the inbox.
- Navigate to the Tools tab >> Select Message Filter from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the New button from the Message Filters window.
- A Filter Rules window will now open.
- Give your filter a name in the Filter Name area.
Note:- If necessary, select all checkboxes; otherwise, mark getting new mails.
- Click on the radio button “Match all of the following” from the drop-down menu.
- Select a mail property such as From, Is, and the user’s email address. Using the “+” button, you can add more subjects to the same filter.
- Select your destination folder in the “Perform these actions” area and click on OK
Now that you’ve set up a mail filter in Mozilla Thunderbird, you can start using it. After this, when you receive a message that is related to this filter choice, it will be automatically moved to the destination folder.