Are you having trouble with “Outlook error 0x80040115” and trying to figure out how to fix it? Then this is where you’ll find all of the possible answers to your questions. So, read this guide thoroughly to fully comprehend it.
When users attempt to send or receive emails in Outlook, the error 0x8004115 typically occurs. If you’re a Microsoft Outlook user and facing an error like this, you should check the reason why this error occurs in Outlook and after this fix the error. There are solutions to this problem, which you will learn about in this article. You can also learn the causes of outlook error 0x8004115 so that you can prevent it from future occurrences.
It’s difficult to repair Outlook related problem like- Error 0x80040115. Using a professional tool such as eSoftTools Outlook PST Recovery tool can be a better choice for every user. The software comes with powerful features that can repair any damaged PST file in a few simple steps.
Overviews of Outlook Error 0x80040115
Error 0x80040115 is a very common issue that users encounter while sending or receiving emails via Outlook. When attempting to send an email, the process will halt in the middle and you will receive the following error message:
“Microsoft Exchange Server reported an error (0x80040115): The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action”
Causes of the Error 0x80040115 in Outlook
It is important to understand the causes of this error before attempting to resolve it. Some of the reasons behind the occurrence of Outlook error 0x80040115 are list below:-
- Issues with the email server
- Incorrect installation of Outlook application
- Infection with a virus or malware causes damage.
- Issue with internet connection
- Oversized PST file
Best Solutions to Fix Outlook error 0x80040115
You can resolve Outlook error 0x80040115 by using the workarounds mentioned below.
Solution 1:- Clean DNS Cache
In some cases, the error 0x80040115 appears in Outlook because of a DNS configuration issue. In this case, you’ll need to clear your DNS cache. Apply the given steps to fix this problem:
- Select “Start“, Type “Command Prompt” into the search box. Right-click the command prompt icon and select “Run as Administrator” from the list.
- A prompt will appear on the screen. Fill in the following command: ipconfig/flushdns
- Now the DNS Cache cleaning process will start and you will receive a progress confirmation message once the cache has been cleared.
Solution 2:- Run Outlook in Safe Mode.
The error 0x80040115could be caused by third-party add-ins that have been added in Outlook. If you’re using third-party add-ins, try starting Outlook in safe mode to see if it solves the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Windows Key + R button and open the Run dialog box.
- Hit Enter after typing the following: Outlook /safe
- Try sending an email after launching Outlook in safe mode.
- If the problem has been fixed, go to File and then Options to uninstall the add-ins.
Solution 3:- Modify your profile settings
Another option for resolving your problem is to change your Profile settings. If you don’t have an Exchange account, this will almost certainly solve your problem. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Control Panel by going to the Start Menu.
- After that, change the View by to Large icons and open Mail.
- Click on Show Profiles, then pick your Profile and click Properties.
- Select Email Accounts, then select your account and press Change.
- In the dialog box containing your username and mailbox server, click on more settings.
- Press the Security tab, In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box.
- Select the option to encrypt data between Outlook and Microsoft Exchange. Click the OK button.
Solution 4:- Use Scan ScanPST.exe
- Open inbox repair utility(ScanPST.exe).
- Click on Scan button.
- If the scanning is complete, press the Fix Errors button.
- Restart your computer, and open Outlook and see the error is fixed or not.
You can fix Outlook Error 0x80040115 with the aid of an inbox repair utility. If this tool fails, you’ll need to use a third-party tool to repair MS Outlook’s PST file error.
Solution 5:- Outlook Recovery Tool- Best Method to Resolve Outlook Error error 0x80040115
If you are unable to fix Outlook error 0x80040115 with the above-mentioned methods, the error could be caused by corrupted Outlook PST files. Users have to repair these inaccessible or damaged PST files. You’ll need the eSoftTools Outlook PST Repair Tool for this.
This Outlook Recovery/Repair software aids in the recovery of Outlook mailbox contents such as emails, schedules, contacts, notes, and so on. It is one of the most dependable and efficient methods for resolving the Outlook error 0x80040115.
The steps to fix Outlook error 0x80040115 are outlined in the blog above. If you are having the same problem, you can read this article and use the solutions provided.