Any Thunderbird user should always back up their data. To store emails for a long time exporting them to a external hard disc can be a better option. If you’re looking for a solution to “How To Backup Thunderbird Emails To External Hard Drive?” this article will assist you.
Thunderbird users frequently require the creation of email backup. The main reason for backing up Thunderbird emails is to preserving important information of users. Mostly it becomes helpful in situations like- accidental corruption, hard disc failure, and another type of data loss problems. For example, if a user is unable to access mailbox items of Thunderbird data on his computer. In this situation, If you have the backup of your Thunderbird emails on an external drive will help you. You can quickly restore/open your Thunderbird data on your new machine with the backup.
Advantages of Backuping Thunderbird emails on an External hard drive
- Reduce Mailbox Size:- By creating backup of Thunerbird emails and cleaning unnecessary items, user can easily reduce the mailbox’s size. Also, after clenaing cleaning unwanted items user also gets free space in their local PC.
- Save Data for Future:- Backup of Thunderbird emails helps when the original mailbox becomes corrupt or inaccessible. Users can easily restore as well access the saved emails from an external hard drive.
- Share or Access Data on another computer:- With the Backuping or archiving users can easily save the thunderbird email as a shareable files. It also helps user to transfer and access the thunderbird emails on multiple computer in an easy manner.
These are some of the reasons why we should create a backup of Thunderbird mailbox emails on an External drive.
What is best method to create Backup of Thunderbird Emails?
Thunderbird saves users’ mailboxes and emails in MSF(MBOX) format. With these MBOX/MSF files, it is difficult to access important data and also requires various additional applications. But the method to convert/export thunderbird emails or mailbox files to another format supported with other email clients (like- PST, HTML, EML, EMLX, MSG files) can help users. You may save all of your thunderbird emails as individual files to an external hard drive using both manual methods or professional tools. But our recommendation is only to use automated tools rather than using manual solutions.
Automated Tool to Backup Thunderbird Emails To External Hard Drive
Using a reputable third-party program to Export Thunderbird Mailboxes and convert Thunderbird emails to formats supported by other email clients is the most effective and quick approach to backup your data. Users can try eSoftTools Thunderbird to PST Converter Software. This utility will easily convert Thunderbird emails to file formats supported by Outlook, Windows Live Mail, various other email applications.
This Thunderbird converter is one of the most popular programs to export Thunderbird emails and mailboxes to multiple file formats in simple steps. The program allows you to transfer several emails from multiple mailbox folders/subfolders with a single process. Users can easily save emails of thunderbird as file formats like- HTML MSG, EML, EMLX, PST, NSF easily with this program.
Backup Thunderbird Emails to External Hard Drive via Thunderbird Converter, step by step:-
Connect an External drive to your PC and follow the below-mentioned steps to easily create a backup of all Thunderbird Emails to External Hard Drive:-
- Download, install and launch the software on your computer; then click the “Add File/Folder” button to add Thunderbird profiles/mailboxes or folders.
- From the new opened window user will see multiple options for file/folder and thunderbird profile selection. To add Thunderbird profile from its default location select the “auto-load thunderbird profile” option and click the Next button.
- Now the software will start the Thunderbird mailbox scanning process.
- All mailbox items will show in a tree format on the left pane on the screen after the completion of scanning procedure by the software.
- Click on thunderbird folders and emails to preview them. Select the required email folders and press the Convert MBOX button from the menubar.
- From the conversion options, choose the appropriate format, such as- Single PST, EML, EMLX, HTML, MSG, or NSF.
- Apply mail filtering and select destination path by clicking on Browse button (Select a location from your External Drive) and Hit on Convert tab start conversion or backuping process.
A confirmation message box will display on your screen after the completion of the backup process as your selected file types. Simply click on OK and close the application.
This article explains how to backup Thunderbird email to an External hard drive in an automated way. Users can store Thunderbird messages manually, but this technique has certain drawbacks. As a result, we recommended the automated technique. Users can save their Thunderbird mailbox to External hard drive by following the method mentioned above. Also, get the trial edition of Thunderbird Converter software to know all software functions free of cost.