Are you using CenturyLink Mail service for email? Do you want to back up your emails and save them locally? If yes, then get your best solution in this article. Here we will walk you through the easiest steps to backup CenturyLink emails to local drives.
CenturyLink (now known as Lumen Technologies) was a global communications and IT services provider. One of the most well-known services provided by CenturyLink is its webmail service.
Century Link provides this email service to users who have subscribed to any of its services. It also enables users to create a separate email account with the domain “@centurylink.net“.
Users can easily use this email account for their general emailing purposes. It is also straightforward to manage and access CenturyLink email from web browsers.
There may be many situations where users will need to access or preserve their email locally. For that kind of scenario, users will need to download email backups from CenturyLink.
Also Read: – How to Add/Import KPN Mail to Gmail account?
Benefits of taking CenturyLink email Backup to Local Drive
- Offline Access to CenturyLink emails: – Saving emails to a local drive enables users to read their emails at any time without a server or Internet connection.
- Protection Against Service Outages: – There may be cases where users may have trouble accessing their emails due to server outages or other issues. Backup of emails enables users to read the emails in that kind of scenario.
- Retrieving accidentally deleted emails: – Users can perform recovery of accidentally lost emails from the backup of emails.
I was a user of various services provided by CenturyLink. But since last year I have stopped using all its services. The only service from CenturyLink that I am using is the webmail service. Now I want to close this account also because I am using many other email services. Before deleting this account, I want to save its data on my computer as a backup. Please, provide the safest way to do this easily.
Automated CenturyLink Email Backup Solution
Download emails from a CenturyLink email account with software called eSoftTools IMAP Backup and Migration Tool. Perform email backup tasks using this smart utility and get access to read them locally.
Extract and preserve each email with its relevant information to your hard drive. Download emails from multiple mail folders at once without facing any kind of data loss problem. Save CenturyLink emails locally in over 10 file format options.
How to Backup CenturyLink email to Local drive with IMAP Backup Tool?
- Download and run this Windows-based eSoftTools IMAP Backup and Migration tool.
- Choose any one of these options from the mail apps list: – choose IMAP server, IMAP Server, WebMail, or “any other server email account“.
- Enter the login details of your CenturyLink email account.
- Email Address: – add your full CenturyLink email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: – enter your CenturyLink email account’s password.
- Host: – imap.centurylink.net
- Port: – 993
- After successfully adding all required account details click on the Login button.
- Load the mailbox folders that are available on your email account into the software.
- Choose the required mail folders and select any available export/saving option. (PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, Single MBOX, Separate MBOX, PDF and Thunderbird).
- Choose the location where you want to save the email backup files.
- Take help of other options like- Mail filter and naming convention (as per your need).
- Lastly, hit on the Save Backup button and start downloading emails from CenturyLink mail server to your hard drive.
Key Features of CenturyLink email Backup and Migration tool: –
- Backup emails to multiple formats: – Download emails safely from CenturyLink mail server to your computer in 9 different file types. Save emails as EML, EMLX, MBOX, MHTML, HTML, PST, PDF, and more.
- Migrate to different Webmail apps: – Directly shift mail folders from CenturyLink to different other mail apps. Shift mail folders to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Office365, Outlook.com and more.
- Unlimited Email Backup/Migrate: – With any kind of restriction download and migrate any number of emails and get accurate results.
- Download email with all linked details: – Extract Each email with every associated information including- email header, message text, images, attachments, meta details, etc.
- Export from selective mail folders: – Software shows the complete list of available mail folders. Users can easily choose their required folders and export data from only chosen folders.
- Email filtering by date range: – available with filter email by date function by which users can export emails of a specific date range.
- Naming Convention: – Enable users to save the resultant files with a custom name. Users can provide names to new files with 8 different naming options.
- Windows O/S Compatibility: – The software is usable on Windows O/s of any edition including- Win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and older editions.
- Free Demo availability: – Swiftly users can use this tool with its free demo edition and backup 25 emails from each mail folder with zero charges.
To access emails locally as well as for additional data security, the email backup job becomes essential for users. There are many ways to accomplish this task, but we have shown the safest and easiest way through this article. Users can take the help of IMAP backup tool and get the best results for CenturyLink email backup work.