Last updated on August 11th, 2021 at 01:30 pm
Evolution Mail is a free email client for Linux users, that provides superior features to make the emailing process easier. Evolution Mail is good but not as well-known as Outlook. The reason behind this is Outlook is offered by Microsoft which is a trusted band by every person. As a result, many users want to switch to MS Outlook. If you are one of them who want to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook this blog will be the best place for you. Here we are going to describe the solution.
To learn how to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook, read this blog. Before we get into the solution, first let’s see some common user queries:
User 1:- “ Recently have purchased a new windows installed computer. But before I’ve used a Linux laptop. For emailing before Outlook I have used Evolution Mail email client on Linux. But Now want to Export my important emails from evolution mail into MS Outlook 2016. Please suggest a method to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook email client.”
User 2:- “For some years we are using Evolution Mail email client for emailing. We are certain that Evolution Mail will meet our needs in terms of functionality, but my corporation has decided to move all of our work to Outlook. As a result, I’m looking for a suitable solution that will allow me to Export Evolution mail to Outlook PST without losing data. Is there anyone who could assist me?
How to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook?
Evolution Mail stores user’s mailbox data with emails as an SQLite database file named folders.db at location:-
Because moving emails from a database file to Outlook is possible, the only solution is to save the Evolution Mail emails to MBOX and then convert MBOX file to an Outlook-compatible PST file.
Microsoft Outlook uses Outlook data file like- PST to save complete mailbox data including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals in this file. Outlook doesn’t offer to import MBOX files, so the MBOX to PST conversion process will be the best option for users.
Exporting Evolution Mail to Outlook: A Step-by-Step Guide
Following the three steps outlined below, you can import emails from the Evolution Mail client into Outlook:-
- Export & Save Evolution Mail email as MBOX format.
- Convert Evolution MBOX to PST Outlook file
- Import PST file in Outlook
On your Linux-based computer launch Evolution emails and extract and save all mailboxes as MBOX files. Transfer these MBOX files to your Windows system and utilize a method to convert MBOX to PST files. Then easily import and Open the PST files on any Outlook edition including 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, or earlier versions. The following are the steps in detail:-
Step 1:- Export/Save Evolution Mail Emails in MBOX
Users can easily Export Evolution emails to MBOX format by following these steps:-
- Open Evolution Mail
- Select all mailbox folders containing required emails
- Navigate to File >> Save as MBOX format.
- Continue to save the file by selecting the destination path.
- Save emails as MBOX easily.
Step 2:- Convert MBOX to PST Outlook file format
Move the evolution MBOX files into the Windows environment by using any storage device or any other method. Then Download eSoftTools MBOX to PST Converter software on windows, which will convert the Evolution MBOX file to PST format in a very fast and easy manner. This program will allow you to export entire emails of Evolution Mail MBOX file to Unicode PST file with simple clicks.
- Launch Evolution Mail MBOX to PST Converter Software on your computer.
- Click Add MBOX file/folder button from the first screen of this software.
- Browse the folder that contains the Evolution MBOX file and select it.
- Now you will see a live preview of every email or other components from MBOX file.
- Select required folder and click the Convert MBOX button from the menubar.
- Along with the destination location, choose the PST file from the conversion options.
- Finally click on Convert to start the MBOX to PST file conversion process.
Step 3:- Import PST file in Outlook
- To Import PST file in Microsoft Outlook, go to the “File” option from the menubar.
- Select Open and Export then Select the Open Outlook Data File option.
- Navigate to PST file location and add it in Outlook by clicking the Open button.
It’s difficult to switch from one email client to another. Migration from one machine to another, on the other hand, is more complicated. However, with the above-mentioned method and recommended software, it is simple to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook. So, try it out for free to see how well the software works and what it can do.