Lotus Notes saves all contacts in a file called Names.nsf on the hard drive. However, a user’s ability to access his contacts in the IBM Notes client can be hampered for a variety of reasons. The message “Lotus Notes Contacts Not Syncing” also appears as a result of an error. It’s important to understand why this mistake occurred. In this post, we’ll look at the causes of this problem and how to fix this Lotus Notes “Contacts Not Syncing Error”.
While Lotus Notes has a number of features that make it special and secure for business use, but the majority of users prefer Outlook. Users who want to move from Notes to Outlook would need to convert their NSF files to PST files. This conversion will allow you to import data from Notes into Microsoft Outlook. for doing this user can try eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software.
The Causes of the Error “Lotus Notes Contacts Not Syncing”
There may be a variety of reasons why a user is unable to sync contacts with their email account. For example:
- Problems with the Network
- Issues with the Names.nsf file, which contains the address book/contacts.
- There is a problem with the connection between the Lotus Notes client and the domino server.
How to Sync Contacts with a Lotus Notes mail File to fix “Contacts Not Syncing Error”?
The Lotus Notes stores all contacts locally as a names.nsf file in the data directory. But when any error enters in it, the user will face the Contacts Not Syncing Error. We can fix this error by saving a copy of contacts in the Lotus Notes Mail file. You’ll need to sync up the two files, one on your local computer and the other on the mail server.
Follow steps for synchronization of contacts with mail file:-
- Close the Lotus Notes email program first.
- Ensure that the Names.nsf file contains all of the contacts. You must make a backup of the Names.nsf file, which is located at:
Default location of Notes names.nsf file is: C:\Program Files\IBM\Notes\Data\names.nsf
- Now, open the IBM Lotus Notes email client and then contacts.
- Select all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A, then cut the contacts by pressing Ctrl + X button on your keyboard.
- Click on File tab >> Preferences >> Contacts from left panel >> Enable “Synchronize Contacts” >> and press Ok button.
- To access the replication page, go to the Tools tab >> Replicate>> and Sync All.
- Click on Start Now and make forced synchronization of contacts.
- You must now analyze Lotus Notes Contacts. All the contacts are now synced with the Lotus Notes mail file.
If there is a synchronization error or a network connection problem, the “Lotus Notes Contacts Not Syncing” issue will occur. So, the above method demonstrates how to sync all of the contacts in the Names.nsf file with the IBM Lotus Notes mail file. You can manually synchronize the contacts by going to the Replication and Sync page. If you’re still having trouble with the above-mentioned method, then you can try to move to another popular email client. You can transfer your Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook and switch your email platform by using NSF to PST Converter Software.